Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down the rabbit hole a bit with this thing and it seems pretty damn sweet for $399. Is anyone else running one? I'm particularly interested in this setup here:

I initially wanted it for the shared effects loop, but I didn't realize it gives you a shared input chain as well. So (for example) I can have my FM3 be shared between my Mark V combo and my Triaxis/2:90 setup, AND it will share everything in front of the amp as well, like OD pedals, tuners, Wah, etc. That's worth the price of admission alone!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
That looks like a great tool to have, even can handle two heads, one to speaker and one on a load box..and switch between them while using its loop for both amps, thats cool as hell. $399 seems like a deal especially for Mesa, suprised it doesnt have Mesa value added pricing.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's extra badass is that I can use my Fractal w/the voodoo midi thing I have to switch it with scenes. So I can make one preset that has two completely different amps entirely. How cool is that?

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
That is actually pretty cool. Mesa has been doing some very cool things with switching since Mario joined.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've thought about that one, too. I really like the flexibility of the Radial head switcher, but never really wanted to spend the extra coin on their FX Loop switcher, and then along comes Mesa with this thing, the whole enchilada :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reasonably sure I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these too, as soon as I come to my senses and accept the fact that my sweet g/Major sucks ass in my Triaxis/290 rig. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
You should probably replace the GM with an old Axe Ultra :yesway:

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
you know what, I recommend this. Excellent unit, the added FX loop switching is a KILLER feature.

unless you want to switch multiple amps this is THE amp switcher to get hands down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts