Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
So it's an Exprecto?

4,429 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I'd rather pick up a used rectoverb for ~$800. Always cool to see them putting out new things though
Depends on how the pres turn out. If they end up somewhere between the mini recto and the full sized rectoverb that would be perfect for me.

If it sounds more like a smaller rectoverb than I'd probably just get a mini and a mesa boogie reverb tank and put it a rack.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wirelessly posted

I'd rather pick up a used rectoverb for ~$800. Always cool to see them putting out new things though
They're not really the same amp. The power section greatly affects the sound. I like the Roadster, but I prefer how the Mini Rec sounds. The weight is a factor too. All I do are jam sessions with friends and co-workers. Lugging a 60-80 pound combo sucks.

Ha, MG.org is the top Google hit for this. Watch those Adsense fortunes roll in, Chris! :lol:

PS the Express 5:25+ combo sounds awesome, like a Mini Mark. And it's stupidly lightweight, for a Mesa combo. I covet it as well.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Well, fuck, I kinda want that more than the Mini. :lol:

4,429 Posts
They're not really the same amp. The power section greatly affects the sound. I like the Roadster, but I prefer how the Mini Rec sounds. The weight is a factor too. All I do are jam sessions with friends and co-workers. Lugging a 60-80 pound combo sucks.

Ha, MG.org is the top Google hit for this. Watch those Adsense fortunes roll in, Chris! :lol:

PS the Express 5:25+ combo sounds awesome, like a Mini Mark. And it's stupidly lightweight, for a Mesa combo. I covet it as well.
Mesa is really hitting it out of the ball park with these amps. They still have more volume than you'll ever need since you can always go pa for any gig that these amps can't handle (which is a pretty decent sized gig). They cut the weight but quite a lot, look great. Sure the extra features and increased live capabilities of the bigger amps certainly retain their value, and I'd never trade the Mark V in for anything. But I'd prefer to keep seeing more of these smaller amps from Mesa and other manufacturers. As I mentioned before I'll definitely pick up a couple of these smaller amps for extra sound options and lugging around reasons well. Probably going to go with the ta30 or lonestar special to start off.

Also I'd love to see an amp with 2x6l6s and 2xel84s. With the option to run either the 6l6s AB, the el84s class ab, the el84s using mesa's multi watt, or all 4 :cool:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mesa is really hitting it out of the ball park with these amps. They still have more volume than you'll ever need since you can always go pa for any gig that these amps can't handle (which is a pretty decent sized gig). They cut the weight but quite a lot, look great. Sure the extra features and increased live capabilities of the bigger amps certainly retain their value, and I'd never trade the Mark V in for anything. But I'd prefer to keep seeing more of these smaller amps from Mesa and other manufacturers. As I mentioned before I'll definitely pick up a couple of these smaller amps for extra sound options and lugging around reasons well. Probably going to go with the ta30 or lonestar special to start off.

Also I'd love to see an amp with 2x6l6s and 2xel84s. With the option to run either the 6l6s AB, the el84s class ab, the el84s using mesa's multi watt, or all 4 :cool:
I agree. Not being a gigging musician, I've got zero use for a 50 watt tube amp, especially a 50w Mesa. I've been playing at church too now, but the DC is a bear; it's just too loud. The 25 watters will be a lot better, especially with the switch down to 10w.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

bulletbass man said:
You mean like the Dual Rectifier Blue Angel?

4,429 Posts

You mean like the Dual Rectifier Blue Angel?
fuck! It's got 6v6s instead of 6l6s but that's still an awesome look. I gotta look for one of these on the bay now. :metal: Depending on the pres that could be the perfect recto variety for me.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
I'm a little on the broke side right now due to some car repair bills hopefully they aren't too rare.
Sorry it it seems like it's my ad :lol: I just saw it the other day on there. Wonder how it compares to the mini... hmm

Edit: Seems like it's more for more classic tones than the Mini is

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Lopez said:
I'm a little on the broke side right now due to some car repair bills hopefully they aren't too rare.
Sorry it it seems like it's my ad :lol: I just saw it the other day on there. Wonder how it compares to the mini... hmm

Edit: Seems like it's more for more classic tones than the Mini is
We're talking just over Bassman levels of gain from those. Not a traditional Rectifier.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who wants a DC-5? :lol: I really want a ROV25 combo/Express 5:25+ duo. If the ROV25 combo is as light (45 pounds) as the 5:25+, that's the way to go.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts