Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's the tightest Roadster I've heard, but I'm in the mood to neglect something else.

Serial number VR1964. With amp cover, footswitch and its cover and cable, and manual. Currently with a Tung Sol or two and Chinese 12AX7s.

I'm the original owner. Head is currently getting a thorough once-over from my tech to prepare for this sale. When it returns, I'll update this listing with pictures of a dust-free amp.

Prefer pick-up only, but for MG.org, we can work out shipping arrangements at your expense. Also, I will deliver within a 120mi radius of Dayton Ohio (45424).

Looking for a Peavey 5150 and cash, Mesa Mark V, or a Mesa JP-2C.

The linked YouTube video was never meant to be a tone video, but check it out for reference. A mahog V with a JB into an Ibanez Tube Screamer then the Roadster, (ch4 red 100w diodes). Cabinet is a Mesa standard OS slant Recto 4x12 with C90 speakers. Sound captured with an SM57 and a cell phone, straight to the computer, synched to the video, and that's it. That's all I know how to do.

Attachments

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This is the best Roadster I've ever played. It sounds just like a first generation Road King; bright and aggressive, rather than dark like every other one I've tried. If you basically want the four channel version of a two channel Dual Rec, buy this.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
...which is funny, because I LIKE the fact your old one is dark, man. :lol:

Bright or dark, these are KILLER amps. Someone will be very happy with this. \m/

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the best Roadster I've ever played. It sounds just like a first generation Road King; bright and aggressive, rather than dark like every other one I've tried. If you basically want the four channel version of a two channel Dual Rec, buy this.
You're making me want to keep it lol

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
You SHOULD keep it. That thing crushes, man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts