Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Not sure about Canada, but those are going for right at a grand around here.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Go buy this one instead:

Mesa Duel Rectifier

Vince is right, though: the Triple is by far the better sounding amp. Amazingly tight rhythms, and all that headroom makes for pristine cleans.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The cleans are the least of it, actually. The headroom makes the Triple a rhythm monster. It's like getting punched in the gut, it is so unbelievably tight.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cleans are the least of it, actually. The headroom makes the Triple a rhythm monster. It's like getting punched in the gut, it is so unbelievably tight.
There's a triple rec half stack going for 2k. How much do Mesa's usually need to be turned up until they sound really great? How do they compare at lower volumes?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
That Triple is a rip. That should go for no more than $1650 at the absolute upper limit. That is the oversized cab, which is not very desirable right now. I've got one sitting in my basement for that very reason. No one wants to give me more than five for it.

If you're looking for something to jam in your bedroom, go buy one of the multitude of good combo or mini-amps. They're really loud, and work best in a band setting.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
There's a triple rec half stack going for 2k. How much do Mesa's usually need to be turned up until they sound really great? How do they compare at lower volumes?
I got my roadster pristine for $1600, and most duals were going for $1200 in September of last year, triples for $1300. A used mesa cab is around $650.

Yeah Dave, people are bigger dicks about resale up north I guess :rant:.

How much do you need to turn it up? Well mine sounds just dandy at 1, but it starts to breathe on 4. Can't speak for the 3ch triples or duals let alone 2010's, but my roadster and john's old 2ch triple sounded just fine at talking volume.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Also check used.guitarcenter.com I got my single rect with footswitch and cover, not a scratch on it, actually still had the made in USA sticker on the top of it (still does :lol:) for $850. I religiously hunt their site for stupid good deals.

*Edit* There is also a Dual Rect on there right now for $989.99 paste 105428230 in the search box. :yesway:
and a Triple for $999.99 (search 105088423)
another triple for $989 105368961

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
He's in BC canada though..

my roadster still has the made in USA sticker on top :yesway: and I have the original receipt: you would not think this amp was bought used!

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to be seeing it later today around 5. If the tubes have just about had it would it be reasonable to take 150 dollars off the price?

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Only if it's a 2010 recto, and for $1200 I doubt it.
You can do it on earlier Duals by pulling a few tubes, too.

There's more info out there on doing this, but I can't be arsed to find it in this heat. :erk:

Did you end up buying the amp, Methlab?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts