Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this video

This guy has changed the Gain pot on Channel 3 to a 1 Meg pot (stock is 250k). Sounds like a pretty good and easy mod to do, but has any one here done it? I'm considering it for my Triple Rectifier.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
depends what you'd be using it for but sounds to me like it just bumps the gain, its sitll got that woolyness that unboosted rectos have so I'm not sure i see the point in this? I guess if you dont bother with a boost and dont mind the unboosted character of the recto it gives you more gain to play with?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
What a weird demo - why does it only show those 2 settings? Ok, so the modded version has more gain at 10 o'clock than the unmodded at 2 o'clock - what does that really tell us? Will the gain of the modded one be usable after 12 o'clock, or just be completely over the top? Or would the unmodded at 3 o'clock sound the same as the modded at 10 o'clock? So many questions!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Most useless mod ever.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Parroting what every one else has said here. More gain is pointless. A different kind of gain would be better, but also pointless as it can be changed with various boosts etc.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I will say it seems to open the top end up a bit, but since this is a Multi-Watt is just makes it sound closer to the Red channel on the original 3ch, with that insane presence control.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I think a better potentiometer swap might be for the Master or Output, to change the volume/power sweep depending on the way you run your amp (at home, on stage, direct to a load, etc).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts