Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized yesterday that this is the one aspect of my rig that I have never even contemplated replacing :lol:

Should I? :rofl:

What is everybody else's opinions on the venerable cab?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've played through a number of cabs/combo's, and I've settled on a V30'd 4x12 1960A clone :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've played through a number of cabs/combo's, and I've settled on a V30'd 4x12 1960A clone :yesway:
Well your rig would probably be better with an OS...... :lol:

Your choice is definitely valid if you dial in tones like this (Triaxis + Marhsall 1960)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Actually, I go for more of either this:

Or this:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I don't even hear the corksniffer crowd really agreeing on if anything is better than it :lol:
I'm not a fan of the oversized. I've got one sitting in my basement, unused, since I think the traditional sounds better. I also use C90s.

I've heard uberkab from a few people, but I've never had the oppurtunity to try one, and its not like I'm itching too.
Those cabs sound outstanding. :metal:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Mesa 4x12 > *

I have two... one w/ c90s, one w/v30s

I also have a Marshall w/v30s, though it doesn't get used much.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm not a fan of the oversized. I've got one sitting in my basement, unused, since I think the traditional sounds better. I also use C90s.
You should totally sell that to me. :agreed:

...if it fits in a Camry, of course. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should totally sell that to me. :agreed:

...if it fits in a Camry, of course. :lol:
What year :lol:

It fit in a 2009 when I was moving it, but it was a complete bitch to get in. Also be aware that it is not legal in most states to have your rear view obscured by ~100 lbs of 4x12 goodness. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
'05 or '06, I forget exactly - it was the last year before the redesign. It didn't fit in the trunk, I take it? :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Really? I got an OS 4x12 in the trunk of my '02 Camry. No room for anything else, but it went in...

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
'05 or '06, I forget exactly - it was the last year before the redesign. It didn't fit in the trunk, I take it? :lol:
Nah, its a hybrid so theres even less room in the trunk. I doubt it would fit in the non hybrids trunk either :lol:

Also, it requires spacial analysis skills, you have to fit in the slant end first, because the bottom is a little too wide :lol: Then you have to angle it precisely and shove gently, then you have to repeat the process when you take it out :lol:

Fuck that, just buy a douchebag truck

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
It will fit if you lay the rear seats down. PM me if you're seriously interested in it, I've been kinda halfheartedly trying to sell it.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It will fit if you lay the rear seats down. PM me if you're seriously interested in it, I've been kinda halfheartedly trying to sell it.
Yeah putting it parralel to the length of the car works.

Report back when you have to hit the brakes on the interstate and it goes flying through your windshield :lol:

That would be pretty metal

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I can't say I ever had a problem with that cab sliding, since Mesa makes them out of concrete and iron. :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts