Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since i popped one of my v30's, i really just want to put the stock v30's back in it. If i ordered the v30's from mesa, are they the chinese ones or the english ones?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

I believe the mesa ones are UK, but not totally sure

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had UK ones and I want to make sure i got the same thing to replace it. I would assume since they are putting uk ones in their cabs that they sell the uk ones, but i just want to be sure.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
according to this: Celestion - UK vs China - GabKits Blog

only 5 speakers are made in the UK (as of 2007):

Heritage Series G12M, G12H and G12-65 and the Celestion Blue and Gold

I thought they had completely stopped production in the UK but apparently they still make some at least in 2007 they did.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now i'm having this major debate with myself if chinese v30's are ok to get :lol:
Apperantly, mesa has their own speced uk v30's, but most people i read say that all the v30's sound alike enough that you wont really know a difference

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
not true the Mesa V30's have a lower mid emphasis than the usual V30.
and I was under the impression tht the celestion factory in the UK still maekse them for mesa.
got to a music store and see if you can get a sales guy to let you open a new cab and take a look at what's in it, that will tell you what' they're using now.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not true the Mesa V30's have a lower mid emphasis than the usual V30.
and I was under the impression tht the celestion factory in the UK still maekse them for mesa.
got to a music store and see if you can get a sales guy to let you open a new cab and take a look at what's in it, that will tell you what' they're using now.
There isnt a store remotely close that stocks new Mesa gear :lol:
Where the fuck is noodles? Is he at a short contest? He would probably know this considering hes a fucking endorse. Or Mike. Or Crooks. Or one of those fuckers. Fucking fuckers.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Last time I heard Mesa still got the UK speakers, best thing is to call them up and they can tell you for sure.

Mesa's V30s are different, they have a lower bottom end, relaxed upper mids and a slight more sizzle on the top end.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
As already stated. Mesa uses Celestions custom built for them, with slightly different sonic specifications, and are only made in the UK factory. Mesa is actually pretty anal about not buying components from China.

If you're looking to buy new, the best place to go is the Mesa store:

Mesa Wear Product Directory

At $129 a speaker, they're not exactly inexpensive, but they're not the pieces of garbage that are coming out of the Chinese factory.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
As already stated. Mesa uses Celestions custom built for them, with slightly different sonic specifications, and are only made in the UK factory. Mesa is actually pretty anal about not buying components from China.

If you're looking to buy new, the best place to go is the Mesa store:

Mesa Wear Product Directory

At $129 a speaker, they're not exactly inexpensive, but they're not the pieces of garbage that are coming out of the Chinese factory.
and it's like a 1/3 the price of an alnico celestion

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Reverend 7 Strings of Hate said:
Are the chinese ones really garbage? Everything i see says they are about the same, and some peeps even prefer them.
Harsh and overly compressed IMHO.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

Reverend 7 Strings of Hate said:

Hmm. I hate chinese shit anyway:lol:

But wait, dont you feel that way about ALL v30's?
I'm not a big fan of them in the room by themselves, but they record great. They also sound awesome mixed with C90s.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
That's EVERY V30, especcially when new. Most "reviews" I see online are people comparing their old V30s in their old Marshall or Orange cabs vs. brand fucking new cab with factory new speakers in the music store. Well, this one WILL sound shit of course. New V30s are ear-raping. No matter if chinese or UK.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts