Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Damn the AFX is close there. I kind of like rectifier copy sounds more than the real deal to be honest.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Its ok ola, ypur videos always make me want to crank the rectifier!

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The dude that made this is such a douche...
Why's that?

And I wouldn't say he's anywhere near the douchebagginess as the rest of the people on that fucking forum. Not even a full page in, and there are people being assholes.

Sweet Jesus, I thought Mac users were bad.

EDIT

BTW, the HD sounded better than the Axe did here. But like Chris said, old firmware on both. Then again, I liked the POD HD better in Ola's clips as well. Largely preference in tone, not "one's better than the other".

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing is there really is no such thing as an exact clip of any amp. My Roadster, in my house, with my tubes (etc etc) isn't gonig to sound exactly like someone else's Roadster. So if I make a comparison, it's more like "Chris's Mesa vs Chris's Axe-Fx settings".

People do love to complain though. :lol:

As far as the guy being a douche - that's really not going to add anything to the conversation, so let's leave it at that. All I know is that he's posted a shitload of helpful stuff over at the FAS forums, and any time someone goes out of their way to make demos/clips, I appreciate the time it takes.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The thing is there really is no such thing as an exact clip of any amp. My Roadster, in my house, with my tubes (etc etc) isn't gonig to sound exactly like someone else's Roadster. So if I make a comparison, it's more like "Chris's Mesa vs Chris's Axe-Fx settings".

As far as the guy being a douche - that's really not going to add anything to the conversation, so let's leave it at that. All I know is that he's posted a shitload of helpful stuff over at the FAS forums, and any time someone goes out of their way to make demos/clips, I appreciate the time it takes.
That's kinda why the "this model doesn't sound exactly like the real thing" argument is dumb. What exactly is the real thing? Who's more right, FAS or Line 6?

I just stated that in this particular comparison, as well as Ola's (that he did quite awhile ago with an HD300) I prefer the HD clips. Personal preference.

A Roadster doesn't sound like a regular Dual Rec anyway.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I was just using the Roadster as an example, since that's what I have dude.
No I know dude. I'm just saying amps are so different from each other, that expecting precise replicants is a little silly, whether you're talking FAS or L6. Cabinets sound different too.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's kinda why the "this model doesn't sound exactly like the real thing" argument is dumb. What exactly is the real thing? Who's more right, FAS or Line 6?
:agreed:

Each of those had its own sonic signature. The real amp was pretty balanced. The Axe-FX seemed to have a lot more clarity and detail in the upper mids... it seemed to have a slightly more "cutting" tone to it. The Line 6 had a nice low-mid girth to the sound. I think all of them sounded great, and it seems like you could easily tweak the sound of the modelers to get the "Recto" type tone that's in your head.

The thing that kind of spoils it for me is that the guy had his drummer play the clip for the Line 6 demo, which is noticeably more sloppy and slightly off tempo :)lol:) in places. Playing with the same pick attack and fewer missed strings would have given the POD HD a bit more of a fair shake, in my opinion.

·
Quickly becoming slower
354 Posts
Why's that?

And I wouldn't say he's anywhere near the douchebagginess as the rest of the people on that fucking forum. Not even a full page in, and there are people being assholes.

Sweet Jesus, I thought Mac users were bad.

EDIT

BTW, the HD sounded better than the Axe did here. But like Chris said, old firmware on both. Then again, I liked the POD HD better in Ola's clips as well. Largely preference in tone, not "one's better than the other".

You would have had to follow that forum but a short time to realize he likes be controversial and insulting when things don't go his way. With an example being found here:

Link

I didn't mean to try and derail the thread and this post is just a clarification of why I said what I said. :cool:

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
:agreed:

Each of those had its own sonic signature. The real amp was pretty balanced. The Axe-FX seemed to have a lot more clarity and detail in the upper mids... it seemed to have a slightly more "cutting" tone to it. The Line 6 had a nice low-mid girth to the sound. I think all of them sounded great, and it seems like you could easily tweak the sound of the modelers to get the "Recto" type tone that's in your head.

The thing that kind of spoils it for me is that the guy had his drummer play the clip for the Line 6 demo, which is noticeably more sloppy and slightly off tempo :)lol:) in places. Playing with the same pick attack and fewer missed strings would have given the POD HD a bit more of a fair shake, in my opinion.
I think it just really goes to show that despite what some would have you believe, you're really not losing if you go with any of these modern modelers. The technology available to us today is just ridiculous.

Even this past weekend, I got some great tones I was really happy with out of POD Farm, and that's "old" modeling tech. Starting from scratch really, really helps get you to nice tones faster, IMO, rather than modifying existing patches. At least, that's what works for me.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You would have had to follow that forum but a short time to realize he likes be controversial and insulting when things don't go his way. With an example being found here:

Link

I didn't mean to try and derail the thread and this post is just a clarification of why I said what I said. :cool:
I stand corrected, he IS a douchebag. :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts