Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm with one of the uber-engineers at work who solders crazy bomb stuff for a living, and we're going to reset the pots/caps in my 2027 to the proper wiring. It was wired for actives, and the current setup has two caps on the tone pot, but none on the volume pot. Everything else as far as I can tell is correct according to this diagram, but I'm just looking inside the cavity and trying to trace wires and jumps.

Mesh - if you read this, is there anything else that's not according to this diagram that we need to look for? (There are a fuckton of wires in this thing...) The piezo pot is 100k so I'm assuming that you didn't change it, so all I'm swapping are the main vol/tone. I just don't know why there are two caps on the tone and none on the volume. They also both are soldered together with a big glob o' solder in the middle - I don't know if that was intentional or not.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
Chris: When I had it I took it to a tech that did the wiring. As far as I knew he did the mod correctly. But he may have done it in a different way. Sorry. But I don't think Mesh did anything different except to add the active pups when he had it. :cheers:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pots are 50k, so he definitely changed those. :lol:

I've no clue wtf is up with two caps on the tone and only one on the volume though. :scratch:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.