Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if there are any a capellas of metals floating around. Theres some bands I wouldn't mind trying to remix into a different genre.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh. Whoops. :lol:

I usually had luck just searching youtube when I try fiding isolated tracks.
im not as big into metal as I used to be so im not searching specific artists. Ive completed around 70 mainstream remixes. Ive search for hammerfall, nocturnal rites, and nightwish but havent found anything. Metal acapellas that could work in a mainstream chord progression are harder to find than country acapellas for the same thing. The country acapellas ive found are great up until the 2nd verse and then they go out of time so slightly that its enough to make it a bitch to fix so I move onto the next one. The evanessence one I found is a great quality acapella but they're not exactly in time and currently I cant see putting a different instrumental under it without that piano and strings. I always make it an effort to remix a song without the original instruments but keep its integrity. I love piano and strings so ill have to wait on that Wake Me Up for a long time

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
This popped up on my YT the other night:

You hear him without the backing after he's done it with the original recording. Impressive pipes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Haken's cockroach king does some nice harmony work (not exclusively a cappella as it's only in sections - but some interesting harmonies nonetheless).

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
a capella is a VERY different thing from a solo'd vocal track, dude. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
You're looking for what's called a "stem". If you google or youtube that, you should find some.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know they're technically stems and not acapellas but everyone calls them acapellas on their uploads so its easier to google "studio acapella" or "katy perry acapella". I have a website that has just about every vocal track out there including a lot of classic rock ones, but it also has the stems used by remixers too. Only one that is metal i could find was whitesnake.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I know Dream Theater released stems for Black Clouds, Silver Linings as part of the special edition of the album.

·
Registered
149 Posts
a capella is a VERY different thing from a solo'd vocal track, dude. :lol:
Hadn't really read thru the most of the other posts (just the OP) and missed the correction. I'd been singing a-cappella for a number of years in 'another genre', but missed the note about isolated vocals in my enthusiasm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts