Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there; I dunno how many of you on the forum live in the East Sussex area, but I'm struggling finding musicians who want to pursue the sound I'm aiming for so I thought I might as well try on here.

Obviously; I'm a guitarist, I've been playing lead and writing songs for about 6 years now, on top of that I also have 4 years music production experience as I did Music Tech for my A-levels.

Last year I left my old band (which was a complete mess) along with the bassist in hope to pursue something new. So now we're both looking to form an entirely different and more serious band.

We're quite into 80s metal such as AC/DC, Anthrax, Armored Saint, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Pantera, Skid Row, Twisted Sister, Van Halen etc. So ideally we'd like to start a project based on the 80s metal sound (that doesn't mean we all have to wear spandex and shit though; haha) but we're always open to new ideas and are interested in a variety of genres. :)

Ideally we're looking for people aged 17-23 who are fairly committed to playing regularly; the type of musicians we're looking for are as follows:

*A vocalist with a good amount of power to his voice; preferably male but who can hit fairly high notes

*Second lead guitarist to trade solos and harmonise with

*Fairly technical drummer

(Obviously; I'm not really expecting to find a vocalist or drummer on this forum but hey, no harm in trying.)

So; if you are interested, feel free to respond to this post or if you'd prefer you can email me at [email protected]. You can also check out my previous recordings on my Soundcloud account:

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try craigslist.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
:shrug:

I'm too old (30 next week), live too far away, play way too heavy for what you want (Devildriver/Chimaira/Arch Enemy etc) and can't solo to save my life, but apart from that... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts