Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI folks! I been looking for diffrent guitairsts in metal scene who use a lot of legato , but i can't find some. Could you help me? Thx :) ( I already know Sach, Tom quayle, Rick Graham, Bred Garsed, Allan Holdsworth, Mark Tremonti)

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Reb Beach

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
ALEX FUCKING SKOLNICK!

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
Per Nilsson's legato is pretty friggin' fantastic. Fredrik Thordendal's lead playing also features a lot of Holdsworth-style legato.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
While I appreciate your use of "whom," your usage isn't correct - whom should be used in place of who when the object of a prepositional phrase. Of whom, to whom, for whom. You could ask about guitarists for whom legato was an important part of there technique, but it should be "guitarists who use legato" in this context.

That said - pretty much everyone. Satch and Holdsworth are the two guys most closely associated with the technique, but Vai and Petrucci are also excellent at it, and EVH technically does rather a lot with legato/partial legato techniques. Guthrie Govan can seemingly do anything, as well. Idunno. Think of virtually any proficient metal player, and they're probably good at legato.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Since you already mentioned Brett Garsed, have you checked out TJ Helmerich? While he's famous for the wonky "use two hand tapping for everything" thing, his technique is extremely legato focused and even the way he uses his right hand sounds like and lends itself to legato shapes.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
While I appreciate your use of "whom," your usage isn't correct - whom should be used in place of who when the object of a prepositional phrase. Of whom, to whom, for whom. You could ask about guitarists for whom legato was an important part of there technique, but it should be "guitarists who use legato" in this context.

That said - pretty much everyone. Satch and Holdsworth are the two guys most closely associated with the technique, but Vai and Petrucci are also excellent at it, and EVH technically does rather a lot with legato/partial legato techniques. Guthrie Govan can seemingly do anything, as well. Idunno. Think of virtually any proficient metal player, and they're probably good at legato.
Thank you, Drew, my fellow grammar nazi. I came in here very much to post just this.

Both your grammar correction and your guitarist recommendations. It looks like all of my recommendations have already been stated.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
W.T.F. :eek:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
^There was a Canada guitar player from 20 years ago that did this kind of two handed tapping stuff man I wish I could remember his name fucking crazy shit.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Ain't got shit on this dude. So melodic, such feel.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
On top of the guys mentioned, Derek Taylor...

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts