Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I finally got off my arse and made a track with the Metalheadz Producer Presets. I really liked the clips that were demoing the EZX when it came out, but was really disappoint that those sounds weren't included with it (not really going to spend massive time working on EZX libraries when I could be working on Avatar or TMF libraries). The Producer Presets give you those sounds right out the box, and that's what I wanted. This is the Hate preset with nothing done to it. They sound really cool, I think.

I've been getting into working on my sweeping recently and thought I'd have a crack at putting together a short Scar Symmetry-like riff and then trying some Per Nilsson style modality/sweeping. It ended up coming out more like a Dimmu Borgir track, what with all the orchestral stuff. Song-writing fail.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for checking it, dudes. I'm pretty pleased with the mixing of it, too. Probably the best results I've got to date. Sucks that it's with a preset on the drums :lol:

Chris, the synths are Miroslav Philharmonik. Pretty damn awesome VSTi. I don't really have a midi controller to use with it (I do, but it's an unwieldy full-size, weighted-key bastard that's packed away), which is a bummer 'cause that's how you get the best out of it, with its articulations and whatnot. I'd really like to get East West's Symphonic Choir, but it's just a bit too pricey for how much use I'd get out of it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
[action=Josh]burns his guitars[/action]

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're too kind, Josh. But if you really want shot of the guitars, I'll pay shipping :)

Sounds awesome :yesway:

I have ezdrummer with the metalheadz ezx expansion pack, but I haven't seen a "Hate preset" , am I missing something?
Yeah, you're literally missing the Metalheadz Producer Presets pack. You have to buy it separately (at a cost of €12). I was miffed when I first got Metalheadz and there were no presets included and hadn't used it since. So when this preset pack came out, I indulged in a bit of 'Concorde fallacy' and bought it. It's made the Metalheadz collection useful to me now.

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
You're too kind, Josh. But if you really want shot of the guitars, I'll pay shipping :)

Yeah, you're literally missing the Metalheadz Producer Presets pack. You have to buy it separately (at a cost of €12). I was miffed when I first got Metalheadz and there were no presets included and hadn't used it since. So when this preset pack came out, I indulged in a bit of 'Concorde fallacy' and bought it. It's made the Metalheadz collection useful to me now.
Alright, thanks. What site did you buy it off of?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Excellent! I really enjoyed that clip man. Everything was really well mixed and recorded. I hope I can create mixes that sound as tight as yours some day.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Thanks a lot, man. That's quite a compliment. :yesway:

I used Superior as the 'host' and loaded the EZX library into it (don't have EZD installed at the mo). But it could have been either really; I didn't do anything to the drums.
Ah, makes sense as to why i cant buy that for Ezdrummer. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry man, I wasn't clear, and I didn't have a good understanding of the limits of EZ Drummer it seems, either. The Metalheads (only just noticed it's not spelt with a Z, too :eek:) EZX is totally compatible with EZ Drummer. Unfortunately it doesn't sound anything like that kit there though. To make it sound like that you have to run it in S2.0 and use the Producer Presets. I assumed the presets would work on EZ Drummer too, but just checked and apparently they don't.

That said, if you know what you're doing, there's no reason you couldn't run Metalheads as an EZX in EZ Drummer and use Multiout mode, then just tweak the mics with your DAW to get this sound.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts