Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I wonder how they'll have to realign the concerts now that James has completed his transformation into furniture.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Interesting that they've never played "Escape" live. I love that song... I've heard Lars say that he hates that song, but I don't know why. The lyrics aren't very good, but the music is pretty sweet. I remember on a live show from... either the Black album tour of ...And Justice for All where James tried to start playing Escape, but Lars wouldn't play the drums and it ended after like 10-20 seconds (and thus doesn't count as them having played it).

Anyway, it was also interesting how things fit with expectations. The albums that were hated the most (Saint Anger and Reload) had the songs that were played the least live or played the least amount of times. Also, before even looking at any stats, I guessed that Master of Puppets would be their #1 most played song... which it was. :lol:

Anyway, some fanatic must have spent A LOT of time compiling that data. :lol:

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Least played songs should also contain 2x4 and Devil Dance. They debuted them at Donington '95 and afterwards James goes 'What do you think of our new songs', followed by the chirping of crickets & tumbleweed.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Least played songs should also contain 2x4 and Devil Dance. They debuted them at Donington '95 and afterwards James goes 'What do you think of our new songs',
Audience response, in unison: Sounds like you finally ran out of Mustaine and Burton's riffs.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I guessed that Master of Puppets would be their #1 most played song... which it was. :lol:
From the Black to Load period, I know Metallica took a lot of the longer tunes (especially AJFA & MOP tunes) & did medleys. I wonder if this includes all the times Metallica did medleys (i.e. partial tunes) or or if this is a list of full plays only.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I can make that chart way simpler:

Albums up to and including AJFA: :yesway:
Everything after: :noway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
They've never played "Frayed Ends of Sanity" live? wtf?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts