Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
FYI, it's been widely speculated that THQ is essentially going all in on Metro Last Light - evidently Metro 2033 was a bit of a critical success but never caught on because it had a number of bugs in the initial release that were subsequently patched - I have no firsthand experience, but this is the recent analyst talk. The idea is, if they can get 2033 out into enough hands now and enough people have positive experiences with it, then maybe enough customers will take a chance on Last Light to keep them financially afloat.

If not, well, speculation is Last Light may be their last major release before bankruptcy.

·

745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the fact that THQ had recently done its own Humble Bundle shown that they're really trying all they can to save the company.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
They're also pushing stuff with the Humble Bundle to drum up interest.

I hope they pull through; they've done some absolutely awesome games.

Edit: was :ninja:-ed :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Definitely going to try this out but have been waiting for everyone else to download it. Downloads speeds are really slow right now. Definitely a good marketing strategy for the next release. I'm all for it

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Agh, Windows only. Ballsacks.

I'D BETTER JUST GO BACK TO MY MACINTOSH PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE.
My PC can't handle it since it needs a better video card, but my macbook pro via bootcamp can. It's usually booted to OS X. I only need to boot to windows for steam.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts