Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone play this? I picked it up to tide me over until tomorrow (lol) when A:CM comes out. Got about 4 hours into it last night and it's pretty damn cool for a $20 Gamestop used bin game.

It's a little like Fallout, if Fallout was an FPS with a shitty weapon system. :lol: Not bad though, cool plot and decent-ish graphics. Worth picking up if anyone's into the post-apocalyptic FPS thing. (And honestly, who isn't?)

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
yeah mostly for the graphics since it is killer on PC maxed out. Story is also pretty cool and leaves some mystery, next one should be great.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I just finished a run through of this game a couple of weeks ago. Pretty entertaining for the most part, but kinda fucked up story.

Fuck those gargoyle things though. Fucking scary bastards when they fly out of no where :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they actually start attacking you? I ran into the first one so naturally I shot the fuck out of it, but it gave zero fucks and just flew away. :lol:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
One picked me up, and flew me into a building! :lol:

They'l run like bitches if you start to attack them, but usually they do a few fly bys afterwards. You can stick them with sticky grenades though. That's always fun. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not sure if you figured this out already but if you're getting low on ammo, don't under-estimate the power of the pistol. You get pistols with the silencers and scopes and whatnot but I just preferred the one with just the longer barrel.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if you figured this out already but if you're getting low on ammo, don't under-estimate the power of the pistol. You get pistols with the silencers and scopes and whatnot but I just preferred the one with just the longer barrel.
I'm not that far into it, so I've just been using the shotgun. Everything else so far just takes too damn long to kill everything. I'll pistol it up tonight, fo'sho.

I could do without the gasmask mechanic though. :\

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I'm not that far into it, so I've just been using the shotgun. Everything else so far just takes too damn long to kill everything. I'll pistol it up tonight, fo'sho.

I could do without the gasmask mechanic though. :\
I never had any problems with running out of gas mask refills, but every now and then I'd be getting my ass beat, and it'd break. That fucking sucks.

Especially when you get to an area and your buddy is all like PUT ON YOUR GAS MASK BRO! WE'RE GOING TO WALK THROUGH POISON FOR 20 MINUTES BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

edit:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3s80xk/

Yeeah....pretty much that..:lol:

·
Иди на х&#1091
485 Posts
The story and atmosphere really drew me. I thought the combat left something to be desired. It seemed so clumsy. Not dinging them though, it's not like they had the budget of BF3. Looking forward to the next one.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, this game is tough. :lol: Either I have the shittiest weapons available, or the difficulty on normal is a bit over the top. I'm shooting enemies point blank in the head with a shotgun, and it's taking 2-3 rounds to kill them.

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
Or you just suck like yo Mama! :taunt:

So Chris, happier playing this game or A:CM? hehe

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finished A:CM and traded it in today towards Crysis 3. :yesway:

2033 is alright. Mechanics are a little sloppy but it's a decent time killer.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I really liked Metro 2033. I finished it on 360 a while back now, nice to have a FPS that's a little different. Looking forward to the new one too, Last Light. This trailer has had me wanting it for ages now.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I didnt entirely no what to think about this.

I cant point to any one thing I dont like, and it had a lot of good ideas. But, I got it when it came out and steam tells me I have 7 hours on it. It just didnt grab me, for whatever reason.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/)

Yeah, I lost interest in it after about the same amount of time.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I got it from the facebook giveaway and played it for a few hours. The idea is cool, but the playability isn't that great.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Finished it. Thought it was really good but not the best game ever. Definitely plan on buying Last Light since I too got 2033 for free.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I didnt entirely no what to think about this.

I cant point to any one thing I dont like, and it had a lot of good ideas. But, I got it when it came out and steam tells me I have 7 hours on it. It just didnt grab me, for whatever reason.
I played it for 48 minutes, apparently. I found it incredibly mediocre in every regard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts