Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

MG Featured Guitar: May/June 2013 - Seanbabs' Sherman Custom 7

Congrats to Sean for winning the vote for MG's latest Featured Guitar with his gorgeous, impossible-to-photograph Sherman custom! This guitar is actually purple, but sunlight brings out all sorts of highlights in the quilt. Sean has incredible chops, and an incredible guitar to go along with them!

Specs on "Poips" are as follows:
Mahogany Neck and Body
Quilted Maple Top
Ebony fretboard
25.5" Scale
16" Radius
Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge
DiMarzio Liquifire neck
3 way toggle / push pull coil split

For winning GOTM, he'll receive a glorious MG prize pack full of stickers, picks, his choice of an MG shirt from the store, and a copy of the new Feared album, Furor Incarnatus!

This guitar was a long time coming, and Sean's patience certainly paid off. You can check out his NGD Thread Here. Sean also has a website here, and an album coming out soon.

Congrats, and keep up the shred! :metal:

Check out a video from Illusory Evolution - Sean Babiniec's upcoming album here:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Thanks man! Yeah the quilt is rediculous, but the stain is a bit dark so it is hard to see without the right light.

Thanks a ton Chris and mg.org!!!

And fuck noodles :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wub: I'd have tagged you on the MG Facebook page, but apparently you don't like us. :lol:

Gorgeous fiddle man, SHRED! :hbang:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Been a while since we've seen a Sherm on the front page! It always looks more burgundy than purple to me, though. :shrug:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted

darren said:
Been a while since we've seen a Sherm on the front page! It always looks more burgundy than purple to me, though. :shrug:
Yeah, it is pure purple in indoor light, and more maroon in sunlight

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Chris said:
:wub: I'd have tagged you on the MG Facebook page, but apparently you don't like us. :lol:

Gorgeous fiddle man, SHRED! :hbang:
Wait, there is a page AND a group???

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
grats man sweet machine & deadly playing as well.:yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Secks. :metal:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Good enough to send $6 of high tech picks but not good enough to get invited down for a week of breakfast in bed to play the Sherman.

Thanks asshole.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Good enough to send $6 of high tech picks but not good enough to get invited down for a week of breakfast in bed to play the Sherman.

Thanks asshole.
Dude, my life is pretty jam packed now, otherwise I would totally have you down. Living at my parents right now makes that tough. We are moving to our own place on June 20th, in lieu of my new position in Colorado, but we will have a baby by then. Sometime this summer we need to hang out and just jam together.

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
This guitar is fucking incredible.
And Babs rules.
Pure win. :metal:

And Greg, Come to Australia, I will make you vegemite toast and tea, and we can snuggle. :agreed:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts