Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you running an iPhone, Blackberry, or Android, I've installed this piece of software:

Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF

From what I understand, the standard WAP interface kills it in terms of performance, but if anyone is interested, MG is available on Tapatalk now as well. There's a free version of it in the app store that's read-only, or for $2.99 you can get their full version.

A few screenshots from their example site are attached.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This post is from the paid app. Pretty cool stuff, actually. If you have three bucks to blow, it might just be worth it - it's pretty fast!

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I actually don't mind the WAP version on my iPod Touch. But is it possible to stop it from posting the metadata at the top of every mobile post?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I like tapatalk because it simplifies the interface in a way that makes me fat-finger things less - worth the couple of bucks.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is anyone using this regularly? I'm thinking of punting on it - they're pretty good about patching it, but people keep finding security holes.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I've never used it. $2.99 seemed a little much for something that isn't absolutely necessary. The WAP interface is a little buggy, but it gets the job done most of the time.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you find bugs with the WAP interface, please let me know. The developer is awesome, and tends to fix things pretty quickly. I haven't had a problem with it in ages.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
A couple of things i've come across...

I find it still cacks on some pages where people have attached images. I'll have to let you know next time i come across it. It seems largely random.

If any text is put inside [square brackets] it's invisible on the WAP interface.

When YouTube links are posted, it only shows in text form as a YouTube embedded video, but there's no hyperlink.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do me a favor and posts those in the WAP thread, so they don't get lost in here. :wub:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I bought the app and its really useful but i find i just like waiting to be on my comp at home for all the reading I do here :2cents:

I wouldnt care if you got rid of this TBH

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Updated it today. Here's the current usage:

The WAP site is a bajillion times busier, but since they've fixed the security holes, I'll keep it for the time being.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
If I had seen this earlier, I wouldn't have picked up ForumRunner. :mad:

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Any news on when it'll be back up - really miss it.

Tapatalk show exactly the stuff I want to see (latest, by date and by my own participation). Can't find any of that in the wap version.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts