Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Sweet. For what it's worth, the last time i added or changed DNS information on one of my domains, it was updated and propagated within minutes*. I couldn't believe it.

* Your mileage may vary.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

:woot:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
A few days!!?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Now WTF am I suppose to do when I should be working or studying???

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

darren said:
Sweet. For what it's worth, the last time i added or changed DNS information on one of my domains, it was updated and propagated within minutes*. I couldn't believe it.

* Your mileage may vary.
Likewise. Crazy, no?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

* Your mileage may vary.
It's always a pain in the ass when I do it, because I need to move things and have as little site downtime as possible.

I'm using GoDaddy for DNS, with a Proxy domain registration, and this place:

Dedicated Servers | Windows Dedicated Servers | Linux Dedicated Servers

For the dedicated. It's a bit more expensive per month because by the time you get done adding cpanel ($25/mo), extra memory, backup capability and a firewall it'll be about twice as much as I'm paying now, but hopefully worth it in the long run.

So in addition to moving DNS, moving data, moving files, and upgrading to VB4, I have to reconfigure it all in one sitting to prevent an outage.

I picked the wrong timeframe to quit drinking. :lol:

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Ah, growing pains. Next thing you know, it'll be ss.org again. You DO remember how much fun that was, right?

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Ah, growing pains. Next thing you know, it'll be ss.org again. You DO remember how much fun that was, right?
Chris will need to trade in his vehicle for a new one at some point. Might as well grow the site now.

No one likes a procrastinator.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I may, of course, kill the existing server for an hour or so here and there. :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
The temptation to flee over to SS and complain about it was immense :rofl:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Max said:
The temptation to flee over to SS and complain about it was immense :rofl:
I would have totally liked your thread and your post.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts