Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Mines been pre-ordered for a while. I don't know if Amazon is doing same day delivery like on New Vegas, so it might be up to a week before I get mine, which would suck :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Fable 2 ruled, but I won't buy Fable 3 until I beat Fallout: New Vegas, which I haven't even had any time to start playing since it arrived. :p

Fable 3 looks pretty damn awesomity nifty swift-damn cool, though.

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
Been playing this game for a couple of days now. its pretty cool. The inventory "menu" is annoying tho...

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Fable 2 was fun, but just a good way to waste a bit of time. Fable 1 was a goddamn fuckin blast. Just short enough to pound it out in a day but long enough to not leave you hangin.
I really wanna check this out

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fable 2 was fun, but just a good way to waste a bit of time.
:agreed: After I finished it, occasionally I'd go do a run-through of the Crucible just for shits and giggles. That was a fun part of the game. Those two commentators were hilarious.

John Cleese is your butler in Fable III :yesway:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Fable was awesome, one of my favourite games. I didn't like Fable II and ended up trading it in for something else, GOW2 I think - which I ended up selling and used the money to buy Borderlands - which I sold and spend the money on drink.

My sister is getting Fable III off me for her birthday, so I'll wait for her opinion on it.

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
Here's my contribution -

FABLE 2 SUCKED.

This franchise lost me. I'll stick with Fallout NV. :wavey:
:agreed:

I'm really enjoying Fallout NV. Great story if a totally repetitive gaming experience post Fallout 3.

One of Peter Molyneux's biggest selling points about Fable 2 was that you could do different types of combat all with one button :nuts:

Saying that, I have more money than sense at the moment and have Fable 3 on pre-order in hopes that it will be better than Fable 2 although I'm not holding my breath. I know someone who works in the games industry who said that he had heard that Peter would invite all the Lionhead employees around his house to partake in a cheeky smoke to 'draw inspiration' :lol:- I think he's a pretentious git.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I seriously don't get all the hate for Fable 2. I thought Fable 2 was awesome and a lot better than Fable 1.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I seriously don't get all the hate for Fable 2. I thought Fable 2 was awesome and a lot better than Fable 1.
Huh.

Well, Eric, my honest opinion was that Fable 2 was just really, really boring. I enjoyed Fable 1 tremendously, and played it over and over again, good, bad, neutral, and just had a blast. All the things I seemed to love about Fable 1 just weren't there. (This is why I am loving Fallout NV, since all the elements of FO3 that I loved are are there. They changed Fable, to its detriment, but that hardly changed Fallout at all, to its credit.)

So, my hopes were high for Fable 2. And in my personal experience, it let me down. Big time. That doesn't mean it's an arbitrary fact, but the consensus is generally that it's at best not as good a game as Fable 1, and at worst, a horrible blast of rotten donkey jizz. However, everyone's experience is going to be different.

All that matters is how you felt about the game. If you liked it, and liked it more than Fable 1 (which is as incomprehensible to me in the subjective sense as you find the hate for Fable 2 to be), then more power to you. That's all that counts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts