Metal Guitarist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The First Official MG.ORG Raffle: Win Chris and JJ's GSP2101 LE!

The Charity: All proceeds for this are going to the MSPCA, Massachusetts' Humane Society. For more info about the charity, click the link. Since Drewbie and I obviously won't be able to enter the raffle ourselves, (Drew gets the shaft here), our donation will be the shipping costs.

The MSPCA-Angell is a national and international leader in animal protection and veterinary medicine and provides direct hands-on care for thousands of animals each year. Founded in 1868, we are the second-oldest humane society in the United States. Our services include animal protection and adoption, advocacy, humane education, law enforcement and world-class veterinary care.

The MSPCA-Angell is a private, non-profit organization. We do not receive any government funding nor are we funded or operated by any national humane organization. The MSPCA-Angell relies solely on the support and contributions of individuals who care about animals.
The Goods: This is a used, abused, and almost perfectly working GSP2101LE with the gold faceplate. I say almost-perfectly because the clean channels tend to break up a little here and there, which (I think) is because the tubes in it are on the way out. I'm throwing in a brand new set of Mesa 12AX7-A's, and you'll be on your own as far as putting them in. It's easy, but trust me when I tell you, you don't want me working on your preamp.

The gain channels are perfect. All the knobs work, the jacks are good, and the jog wheel is smooth. It's got scratches, it's got rack rash. It's build date was May of '95, so it's all the things you'd expect from a 15 year old piece of rack gear. That said, it's awesome. It has more effects than you'll ever use. You can use them all and make a wall of awful noise if that's your thing. I have two of these and they're 80's-tastic. If Gain is your thing, the 2101 will make you happy.

Pics, of course, are below.

How to Enter: You can enter as many times as you'd like, and it's all for charity, so Lee, you'd better enter more than once, even though I'm pretty sure you have a 2101 collecting dust somewhere too. :lol:

UPDATE: PLEASE PM ME TO ENTER, AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE ENTRY INFORMATION.

Apparently taking paypal for a charity raffle is against their acceptable use agreement. I think this is stupid as hell, but just PM me and we'll work out entries another way.

The Fine Print: Since UK and AUS shipping will be ridiculous with customs and all that jive, you guys will have to cover the shipping costs/customs/insurance and all that, otherwise the Humane Society will get about 5 bucks out of the total raised.

Honestly, I'd rather keep this US/CAD, but if you're hell bent on entering, please PM me if you're "overseas" to me, and I'll find out just how much it'll cost you - it could be more than it's actually worth to get it to you.

It works great right now other than the cleans being dodgy. I think it's tubes. It might not be! You're on your own with the tube change, and if you break it, blow it up, or it spontaneously combusts the moment you turn it on, it's on you. What I'm getting at is that it's a used preamp with the usual sniggles that a 15 year old piece of electronics has, so keep that in mind.

It's fifteen bucks, and it's for charity. :dio:

The Drawing: I'd like to do this sometime around July 4th. I leave for work travel shortly after that, so it'll be shipped sometime before the 10th. You can enter any time between now and the night before the drawing, which is TBD - it depends on when Drew and I can get together and come up with a comical yet fair way to pick a winner.

There will be video, I'll probably say the 'F word a bunch, and Drew will do his darth-vader thing. There will most likely be beer involved.

Questions? Post 'em in this thread!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Pics!

Here she is, in all her rack-rashed glory. I've no idea how the top got scratched, you'll have to ask JJ on that one. Mesa not included.

The back. Piece of tape with writing on it is free!

The top. What the hell happened here, JJ? :lol:

Rack rash? Yes indeed!

And your free tubes. :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Entries:

- JJ (2)
- Steve (1)
- Matt Crooks (1)
- Leon (2)
- Tom F (2)
- Velocity (2)
- Jaxadam (2)
- Toshiro (1)
- Forelander (1)
- Drache (1)
- Kim (2)
- Noodles (2)
- Soopamahn (2)
- Vegetta (1)
- Robanomaly (2)
- Zero (2)
- Gtrhed CP (1)
- Christopher B. (2)
- PirateMetalTroy (1)
- Purist (2)
- Elysian (2)
- Josh (2)

Total entries: 36

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.