Metal Guitarist Forums banner

MG.org Pick Interest!

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make this go. I can vouch that these are wicked nice quality picks, and I think Darren and soon Chris will do the same. :metal:

I am willing to purchase and distribute the picks, though I don't want to end up with a massive inventory, so I'm going to ask for committed orders in a later thread to best estimate the initial order.

Single-color one-side print pricing, regardless of gauge and style of pick, is 38 cents per pick. Two-side printing is 59 cents per pick. These quotes include the respective artwork setup fees, and go down slightly both for re-orders (no setup fee) and larger quantities. They are sold by the gross (dozen dozen, 144).

I suggest that the minimum order is two dozen for members, which is $9.12 and $14.16 for single- and double-sided printing respectively. We'll see what I can do for PayPal and shipping fees, it should be close to $10 and $15 respectively for two dozen. Again, those prices go down if we order more than one gross.

Poll is posted. Please only vote if you are genuinely interested in purchasing MG.org picks. PLEASE only vote for ONE artwork style (single or double) and TWO pick choices.

If there's significant real interest, I'm going to ask Darren really nicely to pwetty pwease design appropriate artwork for the picks. :ryan::darren:

InTuneGP.com said:
GrippX-X Guitar Picks
(Color Standard Pick)

GrippX-X Guitar Picks are made of Delrin and have a matte finish for excellent grip. Delrin is also a very durable material. These picks are colored by gauge and are available in 6 gauges. .50mm (Red), .60mm (Orange), .73mm (Yellow), .88mm (Green), 1.0mm (Blue) and 1.14mm (Purple). Our Printing is extremely detailed and durable.

(White Standard Pick)

These picks are available in 8 gauges. .50mm, .60mm, .73mm, .88mm, 1.0mm, 1.14mm, 1.50mm and 2.0mm. GrippX-Xw picks are the same as the GrippX-X, only matte white in color. Our Printing is extremely detailed and durable.

GrippX-XJ Guitar Picks
(Color Jazz Pick)

GrippX-XJ Guitar Picks are made of Delrin and have a matte finish for excellent grip. Delrin is also a very durable material. These picks are colored by gauge and are available in 6 gauges. .50mm (Red), .60mm (Orange), .73mm (Yellow), .88mm (Green), 1.0mm (Blue) and 1.14mm (Purple). *Available with black, white or red ink only. Our Printing is extremely detailed and durable.

(White Jazz Pick)

These picks are available in 8 gauges. .50mm, .60mm, .73mm, .88mm, 1.0mm, 1.14mm, 1.50mm and 2.0mm. GrippX-XJw picks are the same as the GrippX-XJ, only matte white in color.

GrippX-XJJ Jumbo Jazz Guitar Picks
(Color Jumbo Jazz Pick)

GrippX-Xjj Jumbo Jazz Guitar Picks are made of Delrin and have a matte finish for excellent grip. Delrin is also a very durable material. These picks are colored by gauge and are available in 6 gauges. .50mm (Red), .60mm (Orange), .73mm (Yellow), .88mm (Green), 1.0mm (Blue) and 1.14mm (Purple). *Available currently with black ink only. Our Printing is extremely detailed and durable.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I'm down. I'd like some kind of Jazz III replica, but I wouldn't mind checking out the XJJ's as well.

Any color is cool with me, and I like the logo that Chris displayed.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

This will quickly derail when you start asking about gauge preferences, since gauge also determines colour on the colour picks. ;)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This will quickly derail when you start asking about gauge preferences, since gauge also determines colour on the colour picks. ;)
I will rule with an iron fist. :hungus:

I know these things can be difficult, but people just need to keep in mind that these are not custom picks, they're made for the site. I'm hoping we can select two picks that serve the broadest market.

I see no reason to order Jazz picks in anything other than the standard 1.14mm gauge, so white or purple. Personally I think an .88mm standard pick would be a good alternative, and the green with black ink would be sharp and represent the site colors.

That MG logo is perfect, what do you think would be good on the other side? Perhaps :winning:?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I'd be down for a white JIII clone with dual graphics.

Also, they should sell them by the dozendozen (8916100448256).

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd be down for 2 duzzins of the white jiii in 1.14 as you suggested, either artwork (although I'd rather 1sided)

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Should be two sided artwork, one side with the logo in Chris' post, the other side with the logo at the top of this page:

EDIT: Or this:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can talk to them about full-color printing if it is the will of the people, but it's likely best to stick with single-color "line art" versions of those logos, for cost and for clarity.

Glad to see there's plenty of genuine interest. :yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you'd ship them over to the UK for me I would definitely buy a few dozen :yesway:
Will do. I assume USPS to your postal service is the most cost-effective. Any idea how much it will cost to send a padded envelope with a couple of small baggies of picks? I'll have a flat rate for US customers and we can determine international rates on a case-by-case basis. Obviously I'm not doing this to make money.

Hell, I'll even ship to Canada! :canada:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
A small box to Norway was going to run me like $10.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
USA --> UK, using Priority Mail International Flat Rate (DVD box) is $14. That's insured, tracked and delivered in about a week. None of the envelope options are cheaper, and I think that includes the box. Canada is $12.

That would be my recommendation on first look. For domestic shipping I was thinking I could plastic-baggie the picks and ship in a durable envelope, hopefully for a couple of bucks tops. Suggestions welcome there, as well.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
I'm in. White JIII 1.14.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
1mm! :D

For the jumbo jazzes!

Although I'd use some JIIIs too.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
USA --> UK, using Priority Mail International Flat Rate (DVD box) is $14. That's insured, tracked and delivered in about a week. None of the envelope options are cheaper, and I think that includes the box. Canada is $12.

That would be my recommendation on first look. For domestic shipping I was thinking I could plastic-baggie the picks and ship in a durable envelope, hopefully for a couple of bucks tops. Suggestions welcome there, as well.
In that case, as long as they are Jazz sized, my payment will be on it's way to you as soon as they're ready:yesway:

1 - 20 of 267 Posts