Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here we are, week 4 of the mg.org something for everyone challenge. Fewer entries last week (must be xmas shopping getting in the way) hopefully it'll pick up!

Hope to hear more this week, keep it coming shredders!

Points totals so far:
Scole: 30pts
Nick: 30pts
Leon: 20pts
Valtteri: 20pts
7DT: 20 points
Markus: 20pts
Vince: 20pts
Buddha: 10pts
Iron1: 10pts
schreckmusic: 10pts

This was born out of some people liking doing covers, whilst others like writing songs, with a combination of a few people just not having enough time to do full songs (hence the lead a week). Do one, 2 or all 3. Also, it means I only have to track one of these per week.

Rules are simple, do 1-3 things every week, Post your creations in the weekly thread as soundcloud/youtube links. I'm aiming to get various contributions for backing tracks, each one will be credited to the author. As it's the first week I'm doing a dropbox download, but we should get some dedicated hosting or something like that courtesy of chris.

The deadline for this week is end of play, Sunday 20th December

Short rules:
- You have until sunday midnight/monday morning to post your submission
- Either do an original song, a cover/medley or a lead over the provided backing track per week.
- Submissions must be stuff you've done this week, no matter how awesome an old track/recording is
- 10 points for each submission, per category.
- submissions as souncloud or youtube links. Well, as long as it is playable from a post in the thread really.
- You can do multiple entries per category, but only the first one will score points.
- no eliminations, do your stuff as and when you can
- leads can be layer, melodies, you can chop and rearrange the track, whatever floats your boat really
- Don't be a dick to other people. You can go to ss.org for that.
- Don't steal other peoples songs
- Don't steal backing tracks or pass it off as your own, give credit where it's due if you want to share your awesome yngwie malmsteen unleash the fjokking fjury face melting solo.

LAW Track(s):

Just going to keep them all available, more choice, so have at whichever one you want.

A third one has been added courtesy of Nick, bringing some br00tz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwc25b4gzi96gwz/LAW backing track mp3.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iskl8xqn8yij72r/AAD0aD5P2UZdOUGlpcQWpbGha?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4xmopfyj7wcb9k/mg.org LAW 2 Dmin 100bpm.mp3?dl=0

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I missed last week, just had too much going on, but I'm hoping this week will be better :)

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
going to do a cover this week and now onto learning the second solo in it i have truely fucked myself....

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yet another yet another Would cover!

Noticing that I could do a pretty ok-ish job as Jerry Cantrell in a AIC cover band - Layne is a bit more difficult.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Death!

Came out ok, the tapping bits i found a pain in the ass. Tapping with pulloffs i find hard as fuck eg 14 - 10 - 7. If it was 14 - 7 - 10 it would be easy my brain/hands just doesnt want to do it the other way.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Death!

Came out ok, the tapping bits i found a pain in the ass. Tapping with pulloffs i find hard as fuck eg 14 - 10 - 7. If it was 14 - 7 - 10 it would be easy my brain/hands just doesnt want to do it the other way.

That's some tight riffing. Agree about the tapping, overall hammer-ons are much easier in legato than pull offs.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Good stuff this week, guys!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Great stuff guys! Nick that is Florida Death Metal legit, awesome. :yesway:

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
I'm in under the deadline. I was initially excited about the start of this but the bareness of it turned out to be more of a challenge for me. Ran out of time so here it is..

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Nice work guys! I'm bringing up the rear :lol:

I started a riff this week, but it was pretty lousy. I appreciate the push of this group to get that riff-poop worked out, so the better stuff can come through :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts