Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using this, or have they tried it? It seems like it is a free download for any authorized Windows operating system.

I'm thinking about giving it a shot in place of AVG. Something is really fishy with my network, and I was thinking of trying some new stuff.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Is anyone using this, or have they tried it? It seems like it is a free download for any authorized Windows operating system.

I'm thinking about giving it a shot in place of AVG. Something is really fishy with my network, and I was thinking of trying some new stuff.
Definitely better than AVG, in my experience. It tended to catch more crap than AVG ever did, and I've used it on several computers already to clean shit up.

I used it this past weekend to clean up two trojans that AVG missed. Anecdotal, but so far I've been pleased. Steve Gibson of GRC recommends it over AVG as well, and I value his opinion quite a bit.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read nothing but good reviews on it; it doesn't seem to be a fad, some old school computer tech gurus are really raving about it. I guess that's good enough for me. Bye Bye, AVG.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG01B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

MSE is really the way to go in my experience. Its free, integrated nicely with the OS, and doesn't come with a bunch of bloat. When setting up Windows for people I always recommend/install MSE.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
MSE is excellent. I've been using it since I started using 7. Its light, efficient, and does its job really well.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MSE is excellent. I've been using it since I started using 7. Its light, efficient, and does its job really well.
I agree. Ran a full scan on two of my wireless laptops tonight...

One came back clean as a whistle (the one I always use and was suspect of), one came back with a few minor issues (one that I hardly ever use and would have never been suspect of) and everything seems to actually be okay.

MSE seems to be a light, efficient, and effective tool. It has a simple, clean, and easy interface. Would definitely recommend. :yesway:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I've been using it for a while now... seems to run more efficiently than any other AV I've used and found viruses on an external hard drive that both AVG and Avast missed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts