Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Very cool, an interesting concept.

It'd be nice to see a device like this break Apple's stranglehold on this sort of UI-based portable device.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
be nice if it runs using windows 7 - then you coud say install photoshop and use it like a wacom tablet.

I do think the camera is a bit odd and would think it would be hard to use.

I guess now we wait and see if it goes on sale and if apple makes a tablet.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
First thought: That keyboard cover thing is brilliant.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Scumbag microsoft.

Surface as of a couple of years ago

vs now

Relevance, you lack it.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I saw a video of D&D being played on the Surface (the original table) and it was really cool.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Definitely interested in checking this thing out. Might actually make the UI in Windows 8 fucking usable :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I saw a video of D&D being played on the Surface (the original table) and it was really cool.
:agreed: I was hoping they would release one exactly for that reason, actually :lol:

Plus the unit as a whole was just really cool.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Definitely interested in checking this thing out. Might actually make the UI in Windows 8 fucking usable :lol:
Well yeah....a tablet is the ONLY way the Window 8 UI would be usable. Microsoft is being absolutely idiotic bringing that UI to the desktop. There should be a tablet Windows, and a desktop Windows....

The tablet looks good though. Good for them. Apple may already have my money for when I buy my next tablet, but I'll definitely give Microsoft's product a look when the time comes.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Gizmodo said:
And Ballmer's back, baby. He's going to let us touch the Surface. And oh, boy, are we going to touch the Surface.
:lol:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I don't think the Surface Table is really going anywhere. (I'd totally buy one too if they weren't like, 8k) But it isn't a consumer product anyway.

If Desktop Windows runs decent on this, then I'll totally pick it up, since all I really use Windows for is development shit, and I hate booting in to bootcamp just to do it.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I am a little confused that they are releasing two versions. Windows RT, which I think is ARM, and Windows 8 Pro which has a damned Ivy Bridge in it? :eek:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I am curious to see how nice the Intel based hardware is....For one thing I imagine that it will run too hot...and then I wonder about battery life.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts