Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MS just announced this. :noway:

As of November 1, 2010 we are increasing the price of an Xbox LIVE for some members. This price increase only affects Xbox LIVE Members in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom or the United States.

US
Current
1M Gold: $7.99
3M Gold: $19.99
12M Gold: $49.99
Starting Nov 1, 2010
1M Gold: $9.99
3M Gold: $24.99
12M Gold: $59.99
UK
Current
1M Gold: 4.99 GBP
Starting Nov 1, 2010
1M Gold: 5.99 GBP
Canada
Current
1M Gold: $8.99 CAD
Starting Nov 1, 2010
1M Gold: $9.99 CAD
Mexico
Current
12M Gold: 499 Pesos
Starting Nov 1, 2010
12M Gold: 599 Pesos

Unless listed above, there is no change in any other subscription packages.
What I'm going to recommend doing; is to stockpile a couple of the 12 month Xbox Live subscription cards found at retailers and online vendors. Because not only are they being sold for 39.99 USD in most places. But if you buy through an online vendor, you're usually not paying taxes either. Renewing directly through MS automatically forces you to pay full retail & sales tax.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
"Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom or the United States". Where else do they have XBL besides japan?

either way, its not that big of a deal. 4.99$ over 6 months?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

...and PSN is still free.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

So is Xbox Live! Silver. :agreed:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

And XBL's integration is better.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Getting laid: priceless.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
And XBL's integration is better.
Dont get me wrong, XBL is a shitload nicer than PSN, but the main reason is that XBL's interface is clean and easy to use, whereas PSN's is cluttered as hell. The 360 also has (imo, of course) much better games.

However, you have to admit that the PSN is a much, much nicer system than the 360. Wireless? Free. Hard drive? Free, and upgradeable. The controller cables are plain old USB-MiniUSB as opposed to the 360's proprietary ones. Oh, and the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player. AND, of course, PSN is free.

The M$ product charges you for everything. The wireless adapter is $80, XBL is now $60/year, the hard drives are a titanic rip-off for what they are and they're completely proprietary, and oh, it's not a Blu-Ray player.

Again, XBL is nicer, and the games are better, but it's a shame because otherwise the PS3 completely smokes it all across the board.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Dont get me wrong, XBL is a shitload nicer than PSN, but the main reason is that XBL's interface is clean and easy to use, whereas PSN's is cluttered as hell. The 360 also has (imo, of course) much better games.

However, you have to admit that the PSN is a much, much nicer system than the 360. Wireless? Free. Hard drive? Free, and upgradeable. The controller cables are plain old USB-MiniUSB as opposed to the 360's proprietary ones. Oh, and the PS3 is a Blu-Ray player. AND, of course, PSN is free.

The M$ product charges you for everything. The wireless adapter is $80, XBL is now $60/year, the hard drives are a titanic rip-off for what they are and they're completely proprietary, and oh, it's not a Blu-Ray player.

Again, XBL is nicer, and the games are better, but it's a shame because otherwise the PS3 completely smokes it all across the board.
I agree. PS3 should be much more attractive than it actually is because of that...

With the XBL subscription going up though, I'm still pretty sure you'll be able to find much cheaper rates like you have been for a long time now. Amazon loves running XBL subscription specials.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I love my PSN experience and haven't found it to be cluttered or annoying at all :shrug: First time I've EVER had a dropped connection was last night and I managed to get back into the same game when I re-connected.

On-topic : it's $10, big fucking deal. M$ charging more for the same thing? Get out!

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I love my PSN experience and haven't found it to be cluttered or annoying at all :shrug: First time I've EVER had a dropped connection was last night and I managed to get back into the same game when I re-connected.

On-topic : it's $10, big fucking deal. M$ charging more for the same thing? Get out!
PSN and XBL are the same when it comes to games dropping and whatnot. I actually find XBL is far worse with drop off, especially in MW2. That's what I found when I used my cousins Ps3 for a week anyways :shrug:

M$ shouldn't be charging more, what exactly for anyways?

They don't pay for servers because games are hosted on peoples Xbox's and hosting information about accounts and whatnot isn't that costly at all. IMO they're a bunch of greedy bastards.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
The new xboxes have wireless network cards included, come with hard drives internally (250Gig), and the 360 controllers that are wired are USB. You can plug them into your computer, download the driver and use it for games on your PC. The new xboxes are at the same pricepoint as the 160 Gig PS3s (299$).

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Yeah but we still had to shell out 120 for the adaptor when it first came out.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

:lol: ^

·
Read Only
10 Posts

Ooh yeah, the PS3 has a browser too. Try connecting to hotel wifi sometime on a 360. :noway:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts