Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
PS3 is also much more reliable. I have two 360s sat in my room, both are broken (getting fixed soon). I bought my PS3 before the second 360 and never even had it crash or freeze or lose connection or anything like that. IMO the PS3 is a better system than the 360 (I may get flamed for that). Although I agree there are a few good games only for the 360. But to be honest, no more than 2 or 3 games :shrug:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
PS3 is also much more reliable. I have two 360s sat in my room, both are broken (getting fixed soon). I bought my PS3 before the second 360 and never even had it crash or freeze or lose connection or anything like that. IMO the PS3 is a better system than the 360 (I may get flamed for that). Although I agree there are a few good games only for the 360. But to be honest, no more than 2 or 3 games :shrug:
Are either of your 360's Jasper or Falcon? The 3 most recent revisions(Jasper, Falcon, and the new S) are infinitely more reliable than the first 2 revisions. PS3's fail as well, circumstantial evidence never represents the whole.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Are either of your 360's Jasper or Falcon? The 3 most recent revisions(Jasper, Falcon, and the new S) are infinitely more reliable than the first 2 revisions. PS3's fail as well, circumstantial evidence never represents the whole.
Fair enough with your point about circumstantial evidence but I should maybe have said that in my experiences, this is what I believe. I do like both and great systems, I just prefer PS3 because I like PSN and the fact that it is free, and I can stream sports off the internet browser with no troubles at all. And the fact that I own two 360s and both broke within a year, and I don't even use them everyday. Luckily my newest one is still under warranty and can be fixed for free.
Both are great and what you prefer comes down mainly (IMO) to personal opinion and experience.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I don't think anyone could argue with the reliability, since no one out there is posting videos of a PS3 wrapped in a towel. :lol:

My only real complaint was the wireless was finicky for a real long time. If you sat behind a wireless router (like the entire known universe), you often couldn't get onto PSN, or would get booted every ten minutes. It took them forever to fix that.

The games don't really bug me, either, since I don't play many games. I mainly bought it as a Bluray player, and I have yet to pine for a game that is only available on XBox.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
If you are assuming that PS3s fail anywhere near as much as Xbox 360s, you are very very very wrong. I don't remember the exact statistics, but there is data on the percentage of Xbox 360s and PS3s that fail. I may have more access to this kind of info because of my job, but I'm sure it's available to the average consumer as well. The info was something like 50-60% of Xbox 360s fail, while less than 3% of PS3s fail (again, I don't remember the exact statistics, it was just that the Xbox 360s had over 50% chance of failing while the PS3s had a less than 5% chance, somewhere around 1-3% in my recollections).

In fact, to drive the point home, I've owned my PS3 for over 3 years and I have never had a single problem with it. My Xbox 360 just got the red ring of death last week. I wanted to get an Xbox 360 Arcade to replace it since I can just put my hard drive in there, but they'd been cancelled, so they were sold out at all 5 of the stores I went to. Luckily my girlfriend found one near her parents' house.

I have a lot more games for 360 than I do for PS3, but I think the PS3 is a better system. The Xbox 360 just has more games and happens to be more popular.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I love my PSN experience and haven't found it to be cluttered or annoying at all :shrug: First time I've EVER had a dropped connection was last night and I managed to get back into the same game when I re-connected.

On-topic : it's $10, big fucking deal. M$ charging more for the same thing? Get out!
Me neither. To be honest I find the xbox menus more cluttered, and way uglier too.

I also don't like how MS do business with the xbox live. After having it a year I automatically got charged for another year, so I called them and said I didn't want it anymore, and all I got in response was something like "sorry, it's already done, no way back"

So after another year my credit card was out of date, so I was thinking, haha, try charging me now suckers!

What happened was that I got completely blocked out, couldn't log in, not even to silver. Had to call them again and explain the situation.

Luckily since then there haven't been any multi-player games that I've wanted that is not cross platform. So now I get everything for PS3 instead..

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
I have a lot more games for 360 than I do for PS3, but I think the PS3 is a better system. The Xbox 360 just has more games and happens to be more popular.
:agreed:

I'm a PS3 fan myself, but that's because all the games I'm used to started on PS1 or PS2 and I like Sony's systems. Figured I'd be more likely to be able to get the games I wanted on a PS3 than XBox too...

Turns out most of them stopped being console-specific, but hey, MGS4 :metal::lol:

EDIT: I also much prefer the SixAxis/DualShock controller to the Xbox one...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
How the hell did this end up to be another PS3-vs-360 thread???

All I wanted to do was save some people 10 bucks. :lol:
I think it was my fault, even though I wasn't intending to do that. :lol: I just think it's silly that Microsuck has the audacity to raise the price of their service while their biggest competitor is still giving it away for free.

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
I think it was my fault, even though I wasn't intending to do that. :lol: I just think it's silly that Microsuck has the audacity to raise the price of their service while their biggest competitor is still giving it away for free.
I agree, though I suppose they have the power to do it seeing as how they pretty well control the market at the moment :shrug:

Hopefully this loses them some of that market, and they learn from it.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I agree, though I suppose they have the power to do it seeing as how they pretty well control the market at the moment :shrug:

Hopefully this loses them some of that market, and they learn from it.
Why would it? Most people would just shrug off $10/year, it costs a whole whopping $5/month, cry me a river. I spent that much a month to be on MusicianWar, and I do a helluvalot more on Live, not to mention the amount of deals you can find for 1 year subscriptions on Amazon and other online sites. XBL continues to grow, despite MS charging for it.

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
I forget where I saw the article (Engadget maybe?) but there was rumor from one of the higher-ups at Sony saying they were seriously considering charging for online multiplayer access for games in the future. :lol: Also as it has already been stated if you do your homework you can easily find the cards on sale with different retailers so find one that offers them cheap and grab it now so you're only paying $30-40 instead of the full price coming up. :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.