Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just looking at that second fretboard makes my head hurt, although it sounds gorgeous.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
the second one sounds lovely, and looks absolutely insane. But to the me the first one sounded very jarring - I think its because I'm not used to hearing microtones and it sounded quite unnatural to me.

and here is a japanese man playing happy birthay with vegetables.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
That second guitar is like looking at a 10,000 piece jig saw puzzle scattered all over the place.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

Just looking at that second fretboard makes my head hurt, although it sounds gorgeous.
That thing he starts playing at 2:30 or so is gorgeous - very bluesy, actually. I wonder if you could get that same effect out of quarter step bends?

Oddly, the second neck sounds very consonant - listening to it, it wouldn't have occured to me that the fretboard would look at all like that. I wonder how much of that is an attempt to go after even temperament, like a True Temperment neck?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I can't see the world "microtonal" without thinking of that dude that made the awesome video about me when I banned him. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Holy crap I had forgotten about that. That was the best song ever. It's too bad someone didn't rip it for posterity :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts