Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever consider doing this? Since I plug into my Axe FX first, what I thought about doing is wiring my bridge pickup to tip, and neck pickup to ring on a stereo jack, and running a custom cable to my Axe FX. Do I need it? No, but what would be pretty damn sweet to click into my lead patch and have it automatically on my neck pickup, or cleans, or blend them for whatever reason. 70% bridge and 30% neck, etc.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only pain in the ass would be I would have to make sure to carry a stereo to mono adapter of some type, or my custom cable and plug just one side in, if I'm going to plug into something that doesn't have stereo input. Not a huge deal since I'm not a gigging guitarist at the moment.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's a pretty clever idea. I've thought of doing something similar with magnetic/piezo pickups, but not bridge/neck.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could do 3, but it would take one of those MIDI A/B switchers, and both inputs :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The Lehle switchers are really nice, but very expensive. I was looking at them for my magnetic/piezo switching needs, but opted for another solution.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I've often thought of this idea, but since I play a wireless live, it really wouldn't work for me. Funny enough, the idea of MIDI-controlled Bluetooth in that otherwise silly Gibson guitar is something that I could make immediate, practical use out of.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Yeah, i'd love to go wireless with my magnetic/piezo setup, but since nobody makes a stereo wireless, i'd have to get two transmitters and receivers.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Ernie Ball needs to figure how to make something like the Game Changer MIDI switchable. It already can use USB so it's not that far away.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
IIRC, can't the Line 6 Variax do this if you link it to a POD?

It'd be an awesome idea if someone could seriously implement it. Vigier tried it at one point, using midi to control the tone and volume pots as well, but apparently gave up on it.:(

..:: richardhallebeek ::..

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Ernie Ball needs to figure how to make something like the Game Changer MIDI switchable. It already can use USB so it's not that far away.
...Despite the fact that MIDI came out years before there were USB's :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
IIRC, can't the Line 6 Variax do this if you link it to a POD?

It'd be an awesome idea if someone could seriously implement it. Vigier tried it at one point, using midi to control the tone and volume pots as well, but apparently gave up on it.:(

..:: richardhallebeek ::..
Yep, a Variax will do it if you use an Ethernet cable to hook it to a POD floorboard or Vetta.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts