Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone give me a link or something that will give me a crash course in midi. And how to get it to work.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Anyone give me a link or something that will give me a crash course in midi. And how to get it to work.
Yeah, that's an extremely vague question man. What are you trying to do?

That's like saying you want a crash course in food, and how to make it. :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not even how to make food. Like, and how to do the food thing. He could want to make food, eat food, sell food. :lol:

Do you wanna use keys/drums? Or are you tying to rig up a midi controller to an amp or something?

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just want the basics on footpedal to effects processor to amp. I guess guitar effects control. I have a midate, gmajor, and a rm100kh. Just want them to talk. I guess it is a hard question to ask. Sorry

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No problem :lol:. The issue is that midi in that sense is sort of secondary, most people use midi to transfer what their playing on a keyboard for example, to a computer, so they can control the sound after the fact.

There was a pretty bitching guide on ss.org I'll try to dig up tonight

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I am asking nicely. And I'm getting ready to split my penis. Lol.
I swear.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Theres a video of that floating around, it can be your how to guide

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I got the midi mate on ch1 and the gmajor on ch1. I can switch presets but can't learn like tuner mute it won't learn it when I press the button.
And how does it work with my midi controllable amp. If the gmajor is on ch1 do I need to set the amp on midi ch2 and then for every preset I would have to send midi ch1 and ch2 commands. I'm still alittle confused. I have searched the Internet for midi mate to gmajor setup. And I don't think anyone has wrote anything about the rm100 with a midi mate.

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i got the major and midi mate sorted out. now i wanna add the randall rm100 amp into it. its a midi controllable amp. question 1 if I'm on midi channel 1 for the major do i need to be on midi channel 2 for the amp or stay on one. 2. either way how do i tell the midi mate to switch channels and presets at the same time. like button 1=amp ch1+gmajor bypass,,,, button 2=amp ch3+preset whatever on major. thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
617 Posts
I sorted out a friend running a gmaj 2, jmp1 and a FCB1101. I ran the controller midi out into the jmp and thru that into the midi in of the g maj. I would imagine hooking it up like that with the midi mate would yield the same results. It was already changing patches for both, I did some tweaking on the g major and got it changing user presets instead of factory. Pretty much all I had to do then was organise and build patches on the 2 units so they'd be in the banks he needed them in.
Everything I needed to do was explained in a few pages of the manual for the g major and the online manual for the controller. It seems a bit confusing but if you narrow in on the sections that pertain to your problem then you should be able to figure it out.

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks I'll try that. The guys at Rocktron said all I gotta do was got to to button on midi mate I want which will got to the preset on the gmajor I want then press the amp channel button to the ch I want and then hold that button down. And it should remember it. God I hope it's that easy lol

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (boobies: Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.3; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1202011015; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

kevin25 said:
Ok I am asking nicely. And I'm getting ready to split my penis. Lol.
I swear.
WHAT

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wirelessly posted (boobies: Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.3; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1202011015; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

WHAT
Read above post by Cassidy. Lol.

Anyway I think I got it all sorted. Thanks everyone. Chris you can kill this thread if u want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts