Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
He should have made the neck from clear acrylic, then made the headstock into Vader's little pod-ship-thing.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I bet you can just shred the fuck out of Barney Kessel runs on that thing.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Its the same deal. His just didnt have the points on the wings. I dont think the were actually thought of in the first movie, but its basically an interceptor 1st gen.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Its the same deal. His just didnt have the points on the wings. I dont think the were actually thought of in the first movie, but its basically an interceptor 1st gen.
Incorrect. The TIE/x1 was a prototype that was to replace the Fighter but was never manufactured. The technologies were later trickled down into two separate models, the TIE/in Interceptor and the TIE/sa Bomber. It also had shields and hyperdrive, which were stripped for both of those models.

So, if you want to recreate the scene where the Millennium Falcon swoops in and blasts Vader's ass on the guitar, make mine an x1. :yesway:

::-D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Incorrect. The TIE/x1 was a prototype that was to replace the Fighter but was never manufactured. The technologies were later trickled down into two separate models, the TIE/in Interceptor and the TIE/sa Bomber. It also had shields and hyperdrive, which were stripped for both of those models.
<nasally nerd voice>

Actually, if you guyth had played TIE Fighter and/or read the Thtar Warth Technical Manualth, you'd know that, in fact, Vader'th TIE/x1 prototype wath the prototype for the TIE Advanced, which thaw limited deployment againtht the Rebellion due to cotht of production and the loss of motht of the production facilities to the traitor Zaarin before the battle of Endor.

Tho there!

</nasally nerd voice>

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
<nasally nerd voice>

Actually, if you guyth had played TIE Fighter and/or read the Thtar Warth Technical Manualth, you'd know that, in fact, Vader'th TIE/x1 prototype wath the prototype for the TIE Advanced, which thaw limited deployment againtht the Rebellion due to cotht of production and the loss of motht of the production facilities to the traitor Zaarin before the battle of Endor.

Tho there!

</nasally nerd voice>
:agreed: Dude I played soooo much TIE Fighter and X-Wing.

That one is called the TIE/ad Avenger, though. :-D But you are correct in that it directly descended from the x1 prototype.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Man, I am so glad I'm not the only one to remember all that crap about TIE fighters. :lol:

That guitar also wins. :metal:
Man, I'm so glad I haven't a fucking clue about any of that :lol:

:wub:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I mean, I love watching these movies, but I'm not in love with them :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts