Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I'd see a better live band than Fear Factory. After The Burial proved me wrong. Absolutely jaw dropping. Also got to meet Anthony as well, which is ironic considering the name :lol: the dude was cool as fuck. I'll definitely be catching these guys again!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I like Fear Factory, don't get me wrong... but best band ever live? Nah.

I think the best live performance I've ever seen was Stanley Jordan doing a one-off show on his own. Other than that I'd have to say Dream Theater a few times I've seen them they've just been on.

Satch always puts on an amazing show too. He's captivating on stage with his style of play and his stage presence.

But that's just me :)

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Really? I thought DT was pretty boring, the only person that really seemed to be trying to put a show on was Portnoy. I basically watched him the whole time :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Really? I thought DT was pretty boring, the only person that really seemed to be trying to put a show on was Portnoy. I basically watched him the whole time :lol:
Well if we're just talking stage presence, I thought Korn, Flotsam & Jetsam, Metallica, and Anthrax always had awesome stage presence. Doesn't mean they sounded good live or didn't though.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Well if we're just talking stage presence, I thought Korn, Flotsam & Jetsam, Metallica, and Anthrax always had awesome stage presence. Doesn't mean they sounded good live or didn't though.
Oh yeah I thought we were just talking presence, they did do a great job playing everything.

DEP is really off the fucking wall in terms of presence though. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
I saw FF live and they were alright. I really liked them at the time and I can still say the show was "aight".

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Best gig I've been to was Allan Holdsworth 2 years ago.
Yes, he just stands still and plays, but holy shit was he amazing.

Best show in terms of 'live show', undoubtedly ACDC :metal:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Best show I've probably seen was Circa Survive and Coheed, which I know no one on here will give a shit about :lol: Lamb of God and Municipal Waste are also the best metal show I've gone to. You want stage presence and such? You see Powerglove.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Alice Cooper > Every other live act I've seen combined.

Having Reb Beach on guitar didn't hurt either. :lol:

·
Socially Awkward
328 Posts
DEP puts on a great show, as far as stage presence goes. They didn't fuck up a lot while playing, either. Marilyn Manson is quite the showman. Deftones, the couple of times I've seen them, have put on a rather high-energy show. Chino is quite the animated character... And his polar opposite is on guitar...

·
18,790 Posts
Top live bands I've seen (in no particular order):

Tool
Porcupine Tree
Nine Inch Nails
Muse
Streetlight Manifesto
I Mother Earth
The Tea Party
Coheed and Cambria
Devin Townsend Project/Band
Fair To Midland

After The Burial is really ridiculously tight and entertaining, though. :agreed:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I never thought I'd see a better live band than Fear Factory. After The Burial proved me wrong. Absolutely jaw dropping. Also got to meet Anthony as well, which is ironic considering the name :lol: the dude was cool as fuck. I'll definitely be catching these guys again!
THAT ISN'T IRONY

:mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts