Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
They're a pretty interesting band... My brother's a big fan, so I hear them a lot round the flat.

·
Big
272 Posts
Been a fan since the first EP. Great band. Not nearly as interesting live as you might hope. I think their early stuff is best, but Menos el Oso is still quite good. Planet of Ice has its moments, but Omnio is starting to feel like a dead horse. I think the band must have relied on Matt Bayles more than was obvious.

·
I like turtles!
722 Posts
Highly Refined Pirates is fairly awesome. Omnio is incredibly uninteresting to me. Whatever album they stopped abusing two hand tapping riffs in every song is the album I lost interest.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I have heard of them...Never really listened to them..and didnt know they were from Seattle either :lol:

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Fuck yeah.
Would rather listen to MTB than most of today's metal anyway.
Just love how they combine a pop catchyness without sucking, then injecting all the complex stuff into it.
Always find myself singing along to the chorus on "Ice Monster".

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Love me some Minus the Bear. Got into em with Minos El Oso, and then picked up Planet of Ice. Not huge on their earlier stuff and still haven't listened to OMNI, but those two are phenomenal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts