Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'm pretty sure Misha DOESN'T need help developing a preamp, but just needs help drumming up interest, and frankly I was kinda glad that in the last couple weeks no one bothered to post this here. :lol:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Musicians in general need to spend less time "chasing the sound" in their head and writing down the music in their heads. You can do both at once but a little prioritization can go a long way.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
I like the idea of someone who worked at something and got good at it, then realized there was a product and sold it. I hate the fact that most things work the opposite these days. Someone thinks up an idea, doesn't put in the time to make it, pays someone else to make it, stamps their name on it and I'm not supposed to feel like its not purely a business move.

I'm sure thats not fair to say because it probably happens all the time with tons of stuff I'm into. Its just rarely this transparent. I know in Misha's case, he needs to make other sources of revenue to make ends meet in this shitty climate where music doesn't pay. But it DOES feel like that to me : just another revenue source. More power to him though I guess. If there is a need or demand and people will need it or pay for it, what the fuck do I know. It just feels like, more in the djent community than any other, the musicians have made bad endorsements repeatedly and in the process, burned their fanbase more than any other. The difference here is it seems like Misha is actually doing this legit and its a noticable difference when compared to the fly by night companies that so many djent fans were burned by at the hands of their heros

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Poor bulb. :lol:

I just wonder why this thread is even posted here, considering we're widely known as a pretty djent-disinterested board. That's nothing against bulb - it's the legions of poor immitators his band has spawned, really - but, I mean, unless one of the features is the secret "Bulb and Nolly 80s Hair Metal Album Preamp Switch" I think we're not going to see much interest here. :lol:

...which, Bulb, if you read this, we're still waiting, and I know a thing or two about making people wait for albums. :squint:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Poor bulb. :lol:

I just wonder why this thread is even posted here, considering we're widely known as a pretty djent-disinterested board.
Why do think I posted this in the first place? Hint: It's not because I'm excited about the product he's hawking.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some more clarification: There are people here who do enjoy what Misha is involved with from a gear standpoint. I could give a shit about his pedals but I think his new Peavey sig is pretty cool. His Jackson sigs are nice as well, I'd just never drop that kind of coin for one (a Suhr or Tom Anderson makes more sense at those price points for me). I totally understand the feelings toward his band, I'm not much of a fan.

There's something about reading the level of disdain on here toward everything he does. It's hilarious.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
A small preamp that has nice features would be cool. I doubt it'll be the tone I'd go for, but if it shows there's a market, then I'm all for it. I'd love a modern Mesa V-Twin with a loop and GEQ, personally.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
There's something about reading the level of disdain on here toward everything he does. It's hilarious.
You mean the disdain that's obviously aimed at him for helping create a niche marker and trying to milk every last cent of that market's parents money with various pedals, sigs, picks, et am vs stopping by to say hi and chat to those who knew him as just "that bedroom guitarist from ______ boards?" who just happened to write some cool tunes? (Myself not included since I joined the SSO/MG scene when P1 was already a thing)

I mean, just have fun with it?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You mean the disdain that's obviously aimed at him for helping create a niche marker and trying to milk every last cent of that market's parents money with various pedals, sigs, picks, et am vs stopping by to say hi and chat to those who knew him as just "that bedroom guitarist from ______ boards?" who just happened to write some cool tunes? (Myself not included since I joined the SSO/MG scene when P1 was already a thing)

I mean, just have fun with it?
I'm not saying individuals are right or wrong in their opinions of him and his business practices. The opinions expressed by the members here are entertaining (for me at least), that's all.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Some more clarification: There are people here who do enjoy what Misha is involved with from a gear standpoint. I could give a shit about his pedals but I think his new Peavey sig is pretty cool. His Jackson sigs are nice as well, I'd just never drop that kind of coin for one (a Suhr or Tom Anderson makes more sense at those price points for me). I totally understand the feelings toward his band, I'm not much of a fan.

So, you posted this to troll?

:locked:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.