Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this pic in of some of the Koa I have. This is book matched and thickness-sanded for the top on my KxK DCii-6.

this is from the upper right of this piece of koa

The White Limba that will be the back of the body

The Palisander slab the neck will be taken from (the larger piece on top is the Palisander, the bottom piece is some Panama Rosewood that I'll use on another guitar eventually). Palisander is a rosewood species with tonal properties very similar to Brazilian Rosewood.

and a meh pic of the really hot Cocobolo that will be the fretboard for this (it's the piece on the right with the white sticker on it)

The DCii-6 model looks like this for people that haven't seen it, though I think this one may have a Schaller Hannes bridge on it and a pointier headstock and maybe, just maybe semi-hollow

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

budda said:
Stunner!

Steve, what is your day job?
Male underwear model.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! I think for pups in this I'll be going with a BKP Manhattan P90 in the neck and a Mule in the bridge or a calibrated Mule set, I'll decide for sure when it's closer to completion.

Also it'll still be a while before this becomes a guitar, since it's behind two other builds.

This. :yesway: You Gear whore... :D How many of those KxK's do you own now anyways?
I have 3 and there are 4 on order (counting this one)

Some real sexy woods up there, man!
Congrats! They will make a kick-ass axe!

Any chance you'll be posting a vid of that guitar unplugged when it's done? I'd be happy to get an idea about that palisander as a neck tone.
Thanks!
Thanks! I'll give you a definite maybe on the video :lol:

:ugh: :rofl:

Very nice Steve! Looking forward to seeing that become a guitar! :yesway:
You and me both :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts