Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love my Ibanez RG350M but for the fact that the whammy bar always hangs down until I grab it and start rocking it out I much prefer the way my old school Kramer Pacer Deluxe has a "screw-on" whammy bar that allows the bar to stay in a completely adjustable, fixed place (my preference is to have it floating above the strings or just below, unlike the Ibanez' system where it just hangs like a flaccid dong)

My question is, is there any kind of aftermarket mod that I could drop in the Ibanez' whammy bar socket to make the bar's position more adjustable a la the Kramer? It seems like a pretty simple proposition but I haven't been able to find anything like this. Any tips are much appreciated.
**EDIT TO ADD:
Actually please disregard - a little Googling turned up an Ibanez manual for all their different tremolo systems and apparently the torque on this one is adjustable via an allen wrench socket on the back. Problem solved. :)

·
Its Nis Pe, bitch!
605 Posts
If you find you're still having problems with this you can always dip the bar in a little nail polish so it stays in the socket a bit tighter as well :yesway:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts