Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local music shop has an early 80s modded JCM 800 2204 on consignment that I'm headed down to try out today. It has an effects loop, and I'm not sure what other mods yet, but I need to know what these are usually worth. Modded 800s are my white whale, especially since I live in the Northeast and theyre incredibly hard to come by here, but what's the usually asking price for one that's been modded, and is it usually lower than if it was stock?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I've priced these out quite a bit. If it's a big name mod (obviously Fortin, Bogner, Splawn, etc.) it's definitely worth way more, if it's a smaller company (FJA, Voodoo) it's worth only a little more ($50 - $100, depending) and if it was a DIY or local tech deal, pretty close to stock price.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. After playing it, it's only an effects loop mod. The amp does sound huge though. It's going for 850, but it's beat up and has stickers.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Fair price, regardless. That's just about low average and it wouldn't take much to restore it (if that kinda stuff matters to you). :2c:

EDIT: If it were me, I'd try to probably get it down to $800 even but that wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts