Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to set up my combo so that the leads going to the speakers can be disconnected from the speaker terminals and connected to a female 1/4" jack. Said 1/4" jack would accept the speaker cable coming from the cabinet.

I have plenty of spare deans connectors, solder and an iron so I was thinking, Grab a female jack and connect it to a female deans connector, put another female deans connector on the speaker terminals, and put a male connector on the speaker leads.

in theory I could unplug the speaker lead and plug into the 1/4" adapter. then just run a speaker cable to my cabinet.

Anyone familiar with electronics see an issue here? would any of these components cause too much resistance or create some sort of problem?

is there a more standardized way to do this?

What gauge wire should I run between the female 1/4" jack and the deans connector?

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
The Dean's connectors are just adding an extra layer of complexity. Wire the power amp output direct to the speaker socket, then add a spaker lead with a right angled jack to the onboard speaker, like Mesa and a whole load of other companies do. Then just unplug the on board speaker and replace with the external as required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts