Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video: My BMW 1M Coupe Stolen in 3 Min as Part of Recent UK BMW Theft Spree Using OBD - BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

My BMW 1M stolen without keys in 3 minutes! This is a video of a £43,000 BMW 1M Stolen at 3am in 3 minutes. The thieves accomplished this by accessing the BMW OBD port in the footwell by breaking the glass, reaching in and using a device to reprogram a blank key fob. The car was simply then unlocked and pushed off the drive and driven away.

BMW doesn't seem to want to admit they have a problem, even though over 300 cars have been stolen in March 2012 in a single UK county.
It is a problem for both LHD and RHD bmw's. Both configurations have a blind spot for the alarm system - down the A pillar and to the OBD-II port. And that is even IF your car has a factory alarm!

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
BMW doesn't seem to want to admit they have a problem, even though over 300 cars have been stolen in March 2012 in a single UK county.
Just let that one sink in for a minute:eek:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Wow. That's pretty ridiculous. Sucks for anyone that owns one as insurance is going to skyrocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts