Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wonder how effective it is at actually silencing the cab.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
Mojotone does ghost cab/headshells builds for a ton of boutique companies Ive heard so I'm not surprised by the price.

Interesting idea though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
They should have given it a badass name.

Like, "Thunderbox".

I would pay a $200 premium for a product that was named "Thunderbox" over an identical product not named "Thunderbox".

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
They should have given it a badass name.

Like, "Thunderbox".

I would pay a $200 premium for a product that was named "Thunderbox" over an identical product not named "Thunderbox".
My bass cab is the "Thunderchild." I wield my Tone Hammer through it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$699+$129 (C90)+$129 (Mesa V30) = $957, and with the Rivera Silent Sister at $999, this doesn't seem so bad.......if it sounds as good or better (hopefully the latter).

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
That's also about the price of a new Torpedo Live, which gives me any cab I want, and guaranteed volume friendly recording. :D

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's also about the price of a new Torpedo Live, which gives me any cab I want, and guaranteed volume friendly recording. :D
Well, by that token I can get a Rock Crusher for $500 and use the WoS plugin.

But mic'd still sounds better, IMO, even when it's just a single 1x12.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
WoS isn't even half as good as the third party IRs, though. It's not bad, but it's not great.

Edit: Also, I think one of the main reasons that mic'd up cabs sound better is because of the air being pushed and the addition of the room sound itself, which both seem entirely negated by an iso cab.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts