Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I've been practicing throat singing for a few years, now, but I've never heard it used in a metal context. Honestly, I'm disappointed that there's not more of it in this song. Do they have other tunes where it features in more prominently?

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Tengger Cavalry fucking rule. :metal:

I haven't listened to them in a while but I think Darkestrah might incorporate throat singing as well. They're more on the black metal end of things.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i love the traditional throat singing. im at work and can't listen to those videos now but i genuinely love that shit.
Dunno how much you like this style of Black Metal beard, but you will probably dig this, Yat Kha fucking rules.

Tengger Cavalry fucking rule. :metal:

I haven't listened to them in a while but I think Darkestrah might incorporate throat singing as well. They're more on the black metal end of things.
Will check them out, thanks for the heads up dude!

·
For um LVP
494 Posts
I think Sepultura uses some in their "attitude" track, sounds pretty good, at about the 1:10 spot.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
That Sepultura track sounds a bit more like a didgeridoo, but then again I'm completely unfamiliar with what throat singing sounds like anyway. :lol:

·
For um LVP
494 Posts
Yeah I had never heard of throat singing til I read this thread, sounds pretty cool though

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Throat singing is pretty damn cool. Every time I come across it, I spend two days trying to do it. I've never heard it incorporated in songs....just a singer doing it on his own. Very anxious to dig into these clips.

Edit- I've been starting off one of my band's tunes with it, but it just sounds like a didgeridoo 3/4's the time.....even when I do actually get the sound working, no one else in the room realizes it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts