Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
planet smasher - those are you Florida brethren!

well, if you didn't already know, just know that no two MA albums are alike.... so if you like one, don't get shocked to not like another, and vice versa. Covenant and Formulas are my favs.... but they might be best as a make-your-own-mix band. Domination is probably the safest introduction..... though it sounds lifeless to me.

*disclaimer - i like my decapitated, behemoth, etc. just ready for some vocal tone in my extreme music.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
dude - those are you Florida brethren!

well, if you didn't already know, just know that no two MA albums are alike.... so if you like one, don't get shocked to not like another, and vice versa. Covenant and Formulas are my favs.... but they might be best as a make-your-own-mix band. Domination is probably the safest introduction..... though it sounds lifeless to me.
This new one is supposed to really suck too. :lol: Apparently DV is happy to turn MA into some kind of genitorturers/MA hybrid. Have you read the track by track review thats been floating around?

Covenant and Gateways here.

:metal: They need to get Steve Tucker back.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
This is probably the best production I've heard on a Morbid Angel album. It weird to hear such an old band with such a modern engineering job :yesway:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
^:lol: Was gonna say it's kinda weird to hear Morbid Angel with good production.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
planet smasher - those are you Florida brethren!

*disclaimer - i like my decapitated, behemoth, etc. just ready for some vocal tone in my extreme music.
Really? Morbid Angel are Floridains? :lol: I did not know that :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Really? Morbid Angel are Floridains? :lol: I did not know that :yesway:
Yeah they formed in Tampa. Although, I remember hearing they moved up here to Charlotte, NC, and practiced in an old house off Hawthorne Ave. for a while. Then back down to Florida at some point. Is this Tim Yeung on drums that we're hearing on this album?

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
It's nice to hear a death metal song with actual recognizable song parts, rather than just a dense mass of kick drum hits and "RAARRGGHH!"

I saw MA years ago opening up for Black Sabbath on the Cross Purposes tour. Wasn't quite my thing, but they could definitely play.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts