Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be the only one stoked for this on this board but I also discovered G&R way before they became popular and have been a long time fan, well of the original line up that is as once Adler left they starting going down the drain and completely flushed after Slash and Duff left.

Anyway if you have not heard in a recent interview Slash has said him and Axl have buried the hatchet and are on talking terms again and so many stories going around now and this is the latest.

Guns N' Roses Classic Lineup Reunion Rumors Start Again

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Axl can't sing or write to save his life these days, and Slash is better off with Myles Kennedy.

:dgaf:

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True Axl cant do what he use to, but most rock musicians his age cant either and I think if he lost a little weight and got into shape he would sing better, if you seen the 02 concert he started off great and then about 30 or 40 minutes his singing went down hill and the impression I got was not that his voice went out but he just gave up. His lyrics are still good and if you bring the original members back in I have a feeling we will get some good new music, or at least better then what we get these days form both sides. Yes Slash/Miles are good, but if you ask me it seems like every album sounds close to the last one and they get boring after awhile.

Maybe this need to happen to get Axl back, he was always upset about Slash leaving as he knew the magic they had. Either way I would love to see the old lineup back together writing and playing live one more time, doesn't have to be forever but just long enough to see them one more time.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
i was a huge guns n roses fan back in the 80s/early 90s and i wont lie - they were the reason I started playing guitar.

not sure what to think of this really. I cant imagine the peace will last long between those two, but it would be if we could get a few good tracks from them. I always felt everything slash did since guns kinda lacked that magic. Sure, his playing is great to listen to, but it always felt sort of disposable if that makes any sense. the first SLash's snakepit album I loved, but everything since has been.... ok.

I'd love this to capture some of the appetite magic, or even some of the better moments from Illusion I/II but I'm not holding out hope.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Axl can't sing or write to save his life these days, and Slash is better off with Myles Kennedy.

:dgaf:
After seeing Slash live, I'd say Myles is better off sticking with Tremonti. Slash was not too terribly impressive.

·
Banned
130 Posts
I will NOT hear of any GNR rumors. I still have the taste of Chinese Democracy in my mouth. 10 years of waiting for garbage. No thanks GNR. Fool me once....

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
After all the nonsense of the last 20 years, a reunion would be nothing more than a ca$hgrab, especially considering how much the industry has changed since they signed their deal in the 80s. If any of them needed a serious ca$h infusion, the revenue off a GNR reunion would trump any of their current gigs combined, provided Axl could keep his stuff together.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
After seeing Slash live, I'd say Myles is better off sticking with Tremonti. Slash was not too terribly impressive.
Nobody gives a shit about Tremonti though. Slash is a paycheck, and Myles is a monster singer that deserves one, ya know?

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Fool me once, shame on......shame on you.

Fool...can't fool me again.
:rofl: Gotta love it when bush was trying figure out how to say it then finishes it with can't fool me again.

but on topic: GNR will never ever be the same again I rather just listen to their older music and enjoy it when GNR played at their best. Right now they're in the same category as metallica to me, they need to retire.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Agreed on the account that I like him way better with Tremonti.

Myles with Slash live has never sounded that great to me. However, anything else he does live or outside of that he sounds phenomenal. Not sure, why?

Concerning Axl Vocals: Lose weight and some training vocally. I am sure he would be fine.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Just rumors...nothing more. I still remember all the hype and rumors that went on for 15 years about Chinese Democracy.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if Alter Bridge brings in as big of a paycheck as Slash does.
I actually think Alter Bridge makes more, I believe they are always headliners where Slash is 50/50, last time I saw Slash he was opening for Aerosmith

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Opening up in a arena > Headlining in a 2000 seater

1 - 20 of 75 Posts