Metal Guitarist Forums banner

more options

Tags
options
1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Angrychair 
#1 ·
For those of you who are getting to know me and stuff i like and but of me on the personal side.....you know I'm disabled and can't get out to test amps out and I'm on a very limited income....I first was looking at amp sims, but then i was interested in the Orange 35RT, now i'm looking into a small head....i'm still not sure how this will fit me for living in an apartment....i'm still trying to decide if I can make myself happy with a 1x8 cab so i could spend more on the head....I know a 1x12 sounds good but not sure about the 1x8......what do you think? I'm also looking at the micro terrorr or maybe the micro dark terror but then i just stumbled upon the joyo zombie micro head......so really im trying to decide.....I also keep thinking about the positive grid bias amp. I used to have a mackie monitor and an ipad and had it back then and it sounded good so i'm thinking about that to, where i could do some recording too.....
I had a tube stack but when i become disabled I had to sell it to pay bills and move to an apartment...my guitar is my everything so it was really a blow since it took me 3 years to save enough for that and then all of a sudden you have just enough income to pay your bills.....so im caught...i want to have and have the highest quality high gain full blown metal......anyway.....

I saw the joyo micro head have any of you heard this thing? i it worth it? I had a blackstar amp id core it had good gain but im better looking for better quality...what is your opinion? should i get the orange 35rt? microhead and which one? being on limited income....would i be happy with a 1x8 cab and spend more on the microhead? or should i get a cheper 1x2? ......with my situation all i have is youtube and your opinion so let me know what yu think i should get? ......if i can get the greatest warm quality whats the best way? and can i do it in apartment? combo or micro time stack?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Whats the point in a head and cab when you live in an apartment and have no plans to gig? Also, why go for an 8inch speaker if you do get a head/cab? Anything other than 12 is going to sound......strange/bad IMO. Those joyo micro amps seem neat but they are essentially one trick ponies with hardly any options to shape tone unless you have and external eq etc... I would do what me and others have said already and get yourself a boss Katana. You have some great dirty metal tones to pristine clean and everything in between. I know you cant really go out and demo to see what you like but most places have great return policies so if you dont like it, you can send it back for a refund.

#4 ·
For $219 bucks that is hard to beat, I have pedals that cost that much. Dont get hung up on the tube head thing, they are nice but expensive, loud and need other stuff to sound right. I have both types of set-ups (tube amp - modeler) and I play the modeler 90% of the time because it sounds great ay any volume.

People get too hung up on the X's and O's of gear..... good enough is good enough, from those clips the guys posted that thing is a deal and gives you no excuses sound wise, you can always be a cork sniffer down the road, go quick and dirty now.

#6 ·
My vote still goes to the Katana. Kinda pissed they raised the price already, but it's still super worth it. It can get VERY heavy but also, out of everything you've looked at so far, it'll by far be the most versatile. The effects are really good quality, and you can tweak everything with the software editor. They also just released an update for it that gives it some more amp models/effects. I wish I could whip up some clips for you, but I ended up selling mine a little while back. I wouldn't even call it good for a modeling amp. It's just a good amp in general, and if I had to start my rig from scratch I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.