Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Max Norman had the best job in the world that day.

Fun Fact: Did you guys know that guitar body was completely made out of Quilt Maple and a Flamed Maple neck?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm reasonably sure that George composes his leads the same way that I do. Do 9 billion takes, pick the coolest one, go back and learn it later. :lol:

The main difference being that George gets a lot more cool takes than I do, but the takeaway here is that I am basically George Lynch. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I came in here expecting to tell you that you're wrong, but actually I can't - Lynch is at least short list, for sure.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every time I convince myself I don't need a Soldano, something else comes along to undo all that work.
I am convinced I will never be completely satisfied with any other amp other than a SLO. Because I borrowed one for three months and it made me smile every time I plugged into it and played. It's the perfect amp.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I am convinced I will never be completely satisfied with any other amp other than a SLO. Because I borrowed one for three months and it made me smile every time I plugged into it and played. It's the perfect amp.
If the clone I played through on Sunday is anything to go by, then yes, this. It's upsetting how good that thing is. I guess I'll stick to being poor.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
As awesome as Soldano's are, isn't Lynch plugged into the Marshall in that video? The Soldano's have no cables into them are no power light, but the Marshall is turned on & wired up
ENGL Straights. Some of their older 80s designs. Great amps. He was using a ton of amps during that era, but he used ENGLs really heavily. Impossible to tell exactly what he is plugged into in the videos from that session, because there are a shit ton of amps there, but you can see the Straights in some of the other takes.

There are a ton of amps in the background of those videos. Don't know which ones were in the one in the OP, but in the other ones you can see the ENGLs.

https://reverb.com/item/19214231-engl-straight-100-e504-head-george-lynch-owned

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28680

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165245

You can get the older more obscure ENGLs for fucking nothing. I've bought like, 3 of their older rack preamps from the Straight era on ebay all for under $250.

It's only the less serious Lynch fans that think all of his tones are Soldano. :lol: He's played through a bunch of amps.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I mean, I suspect Lynch would sound awesome no matter WHAT he plugged into, especially back then.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.