Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bad Horsie 2 and I have been offered a George Lynch in exchange for another pedal.

Which of the two do you prefer?
Is there any significant sound difference?

Stay mædl!:metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Dutch people say the coolest shit. :metal:

I have a BH2 as well, and I like it, though I've never played the lynch pedal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back on topic.
Anything on the George Lynch wah?

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Back on topic.
Anything on the George Lynch wah?
I'm quite interested in this, too. It's optimized to "work best with high gain," telling me that perhaps it has... a narrow Q? Something special about the frequency response.

Loomis sounded great when he was abusing his wah - it was a very clear and distinct wah tone, something I couldn't get when running high gain with a Dunlop Classic Wah or whatever they call those.

I was hoping to model the Lynch wah in the Axe-Fx.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
I have the Morley Tremonti Wah. Not a fan of Mark at all, but the wah kicks ass. I like it better than the BH2. Haven't tried the Lynch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone seems to be talking about this AxeFX...
Why?
What have tubeamps done wrong?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If only I could somehow combine the sweep range of a dunlop, with the tone of my morley I would actually use a wah. :lol: I haven't used many but I've tried dunlop original, and optical bass wah, and currently use a morley classic wah. I love how the morley sounds in most positions, but put the pedal all the way back and it takes away all your volume and gain, all the way forward and its a bit to nasaly. The sweep range on the two dunlops were right, but they just didn't sound good to me. I really need to try a RMC or something, I just haven't found a wah that's right for me I guess.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
If you like the tone of a Morley, but not the sweep, then go grab a Bad Horsie 2. It has the adjustable Q and volume knob, so you can dial it in the exact way you want.

Having said that, I have an RMC Wheels of Fire, and it is why my BH2 sits in my basement collecting dust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts