Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Throwing spinning saw hat into ground and pulling opponent into it = awesome :metal:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't wait to play it!! Shaolin Monks on PS2 wasn't a straight-up fighting game, but it was a seriously deep dive into MK2 world and a very awesome dive at that. When all the other MK games came out, I haven't really wasn't interested in them, but I am in this one.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Can't wait to play it!! Shaolin Monks on PS2 wasn't a straight-up fighting game, but it was a seriously deep dive into MK2 world and a very awesome dive at that. When all the other MK games came out, I haven't really wasn't interested in them, but I am in this one.
I was pretty disappointed with Shaolin Monks, and any game in the MK world that tries to be different (Sub-Zero Mythology) usually tanks.

Did you play MK vs. DC? While it was a bit silly, for me to have my favorite comic character (Green Lantern) square off against my favorite MK characters, made up for it.

·

745 Posts
That should be awesome! :) The more 2D style suits the game better :yesplease:
It also reminds me of MK2, which I played when I was 7-9 :)

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
The game looks great !

That should be awesome! :) The more 2D style suits the game better :yesplease:
It also reminds me of MK2, which I played when I was 7-9 :)
Back then MK2 was like one of the best games along with Contra :metal:

Yes... :ugh:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was pretty disappointed with Shaolin Monks, and any game in the MK world that tries to be different (Sub-Zero Mythology) usually tanks.

Did you play MK vs. DC? While it was a bit silly, for me to have my favorite comic character (Green Lantern) square off against my favorite MK characters, made up for it.
I bought Shaolin Monks because it was on sale cheap and was really surprised by it. At first it seemed kinda dull, but once I got deeper into the game, it went better. They really followed MK2 storyline well if not exact. The only thing is you could only be Liu Kang or Kung Lao.

Haven't played MK vs DC yet but I am interested.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Look, every Mortal Kombat fatality. :lol:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Just downloaded ROMs of I, II and III and needless to say I'm getting my ass handed to me left and right :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, III friggin CHEATS! As soon as you jump backwards, the AI automatically throws a projectile. That's why I use smoke and zip through the floor.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
My copy of III is possibly borked since I only have like, half the characters - either that or their locked and I suck so hard I won't be able to unlock them :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you have the rom, you need codes. What was that code called? Jason's code or something like that. There's also different versions of III. If you just got the first regular 3, there's not that many characters. Look for Ultimate MK3.

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
The only MKs I really enjoyed were 1 and 2. 3 fucked everything up by getting rid of Scorpion and adding the run button and button link combos. What I liked about MK's old system was there were no button links. All combos and juggles relied on your finesse. MK4 was simply horrible. The rest of the 3D ones were meh. Seemed to be skimp on fatality creativity and the whole fighting system seemed really shallow. Just kept going back to the Soul Calibur series.

With that said, if this one functions more like the old 2D ones as it appears and the system doesn't completely rely on button links, I think I'll dig it. And goddamn look at the tits on Mileena.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts