Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Excuse me sir, I beg to differ. :lol:

My wife launched this off the top of her car in a parking lot by accident. Good we found it, good we have insurance on it. :yesway:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Crack-proof is the same as shatter-proof, and crack-proof my dick. :lol: Mine didn't survive so much as one 3' tumble to concrete.

Either Corning needs to refine their Gorilla Glass, or something about the Droid bezel acts as a stress concentrator when the phone takes impacts from certain angles and that design will forever be crack-prone. My iPhone took a lot more damage and got nary a chip or scratch on the screen.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Crack-proof is the same as shatter-proof, and crack-proof my dick. :lol: Mine didn't survive so much as one 3' tumble to concrete.

Either Corning needs to refine their Gorilla Glass, or something about the Droid bezel acts as a stress concentrator when the phone takes impacts from certain angles and that design will forever be crack-prone. My iPhone took a lot more damage and got nary a chip or scratch on the screen.
My first Droid had a bunch of dings on the bezel from falling on concrete... Not a single crack in the screen. My cousins' fell so often the screen was look, tons of dings on the bezel, no cracks. We managed to break our phone in other ways, I couldn't even scratch the damned screen, never used a screen protector, still don't. My current Droid only has 1 ding on the bezel, its in pretty ace shape right now. Yours is no different from all the shattered iPhone 4's though, hit it just right and... well, you see what happens. The Droid's bezel just makes it harder to hit it just right, hence why there are so few screen breaks on the Droid forums.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
WTF is wrong with you guys. I've never dropped a phone, ever :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Wow, that pic made me wonder how the crack formed in slow motion, all branching out randomly and stuff.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Damn! :lol: I have stopped dropping my phone in the past few years.. Since I got a nice one :lol: I still do drop it from time to time but not as much.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
WTF is wrong with you guys. I've never dropped a phone, ever :lol:
I dropped my Droid once. :lol: My iPhone 3-4 times, actually. Still, this Gorilla Glass is supposed to have incredible crack propagation resistance.

Wow, that pic made me wonder how the crack formed in slow motion, all branching out randomly and stuff.
That's exactly how it works. :D Try Googling for a video of tempered glass shattering.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i think it`s crack proof when it comes to cracks made by bending/pushing on the glass. that kind of glass can be bent really far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts