Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an app that needs to attach to an instance, and the fucking thing is giving me an authentication error that I'm assuming is because it's trying to login as anon/sa, rather than administrator.

In plain old SQL Server 2008 there's a snap-in that I can just set the auth type, but I can't find anything like it for the Express version. All I want to do is put it in mixed mode - where the heck do I do that with Express? :scratch:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

If you don't have the answer by tomorrow I'll check. We've got an ESX backup utility that runs it and is set up that way, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
The only real way to get it to allow you set mixed mode correctly is during the install. There are supposedly hacks out there in the registry, but apparently its not "perfect" in that you might run into issues later down the road.

I would run the install again, install over it and select mixed mode for the authentication method.

I have had some success attaching to the SQL Express instance with Management Studio as well and changing the authentication method that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts