Metal Guitarist Forums banner

MSPCA "Drawing" Video - we have a winner!

1K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·

And the winner is....

#7, Tom F!

#10 ·
:lol: It was more the fact I'd just had 12 ounces of something that had been on ice for a couple hours, Darren - brain freeze. :lol:

Yeah, I figured it was a done deal when we faced off. :lol:

#11 ·
"Well, if she was sittin' on the couch, 16 woulda been sweet, but for you, it's a loser."

:rofl:

#17 ·
:shrug: It'd be a tossup. Hot lesbian sisters with Kevin providing commentary and the occasional suggestion, on the other hand... Win.

#19 ·
All those years of being picked last for the sports team have finally paid off! Thank you, Drewski, for helping me win. I can only hope that the tones I get out of this thing will be as deep and sultry as your voice. :wub:

If Chris finds that he has actually gotten attached to this unit and is reluctant to ship it off, we can probably work something out for sending me Carolyn instead.

This video has reminded me that I haven't listened to VAST much in a while. I shall put Nude on for a celebratory spin.

For the kittens. :metal:

#20 ·
This video has reminded me that I haven't listened to VAST much in a while. I shall put Nude on for a celebratory spin.
Dude, it was the craziest thing, Kevin and I were going back and forth playing each other stuff we'd been listening to lately that we thought the other might like, off our iPods, and after a couple artists he pulled up a track and said, "These guys are from back in the 90s, I think, but I've been listening to this track a lot lately. Do you think you recognize them...?" A few monents went by, and I did a double take and said, "This kind of sounds like, well, like VAST..." figuring there was no way in hell it could be them, since Kevin mostly listens to rap. Sure enough. :lol: He'd never heard "Thrown Away" so I pulled that up next.

I should go listen to them, I think. :yesway:

#22 ·
It just surprised me - they're pretty obscure outside of the musician community, I feel like, and they're definitely not Kevin's usual thing.

#25 ·
Axe-FX + 2101 comparison clips, NOW.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed Noodles didn't win and have to play a show with it :lol:

Congrats Tom!

#27 ·
I have already thought about it, if I can get my damn gear to cooperate with me for long enough. Every time I try to record, some piece of gear or software seems to be giving me shit. :( There's also the fact that an embarrassing number of my guitars, including my main axe, are out of order at the moment. I'll get that fixed when I've prepared myself for the frustration that accompanies breaking out the soldering iron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.